1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using Tivo remote to control Samsung HW-JM4000C SoundBar

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by sdsvtdriver, Dec 26, 2016.

1. sdsvtdriver

sdsvtdriver Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Hi everyone,

Looking for some help. We recently got a Samsung HW-JM4000C sound bar and I can't get my Tivo remote to control the volume/mute functions. The LG TV has Tivo Mini and the Samsung A/V codes wouldn't work.

I gave up and grabbed my old Series 3 remote that is a learning remote and went through the learning process. I got 4 successful blinks for VolUp, VolDwn, and mute, but the learning remote still can't control the sound bar.

Any ideas? I'd hate to have to buy a Harmony as the Tivo remote is best with Tivo, IMHO.

Thanks!

2. sdsvtdriver

sdsvtdriver Member

Mar 5, 2008
    I still have not been successful getting the Tivo remote to learn the Samsung volume controls. Any suggestions are appreciated.

3. sdsvtdriver

sdsvtdriver Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Bumping this up in case someone else has the same issue or if anyone cares :)

Code 1304 worked. However, I learned some Tivo remotes won't take code 1304. My Tivo mini remotes and my glo remote from my Series 3 won't take that code. The light that normally blinks 4 times after the final digit doesn't blink at all when entering 1304. It'll take the other Samsung codes but there appears to be an issue with some remotes having the ability to accept 1304.

My Roamio remote takes 1304 and worked with the sound bar. I bought a slide remote to replace the Mini remote and all is well.

tl;dr Some Tivo remotes won't accept Samsung code 1304.

Mikeguy likes this.
  4. DeDondeEs

DeDondeEs Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 20, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Bump, I am glad this thread exists. I bought a Samsung soundbar from Costco and panicked when I saw that there weren't any remote codes listed on my Bolt for a Samsung audio device (or even a Samsung TV for that matter). Luckily code 1304 worked!

5. RayinMaui

RayinMaui Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Maui, Hawaii
    My remote wouldn't take the 1304 code.

6. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    My TiVo Bolt lists 21 codes for a Samsung TV and 4 codes for a Samsung A/V device.

7. DeDondeEs

DeDondeEs Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 20, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Year old thread, so perhaps they’ve updated the remote database.

Although I just commented in a thread started by @markymark_ctown inquiring about soundbar compatibility with Tivo remotes. I’ll tag him here in case he gets a Samsung soundbar and encounters any issues.

Mikeguy likes this.