Using the RF thing for the remote, but tivo still in site?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by randell, Oct 5, 2007.

1. randell

randell New Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Northern...
    So what I want to do is have the Tivo in the living room, visible. And then split the output of the Tivo and pipe it to the exercise room (since we exercise in the early morning, unlikely both TV's will need to work at one time). So to make a remote work in the exercise room, I need that Rf thing from weakknees
    http://www.weaknees.com/rf-remote-details.php
    But that will put an emitter over the IR receiver on the tivo...
    Will that emitter block the non-rf converted remote in the living room from working. Or if I get and extra converter (just the transmitter part) and use that in the living room, will that cause a double signal to hit the tivo, one from the IR of the remote, and one from the ir emitter from the rf converter?

Thoughts???

Thanks in advance...

Randell

2. rminsk

rminsk TiVoted TiVo User

Jun 4, 2002
    Marina del...
    Instead of placing the emitter over the IR receiver on the TiVo just place it somewhere that is visible to the TiVo. I sometime do get a tiny bit of interference from it (RF noise causing it to send out random IR) but when I do I just reposition the emitter just a little bit.

3. randell

randell New Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Northern...
    If the emitter is a little away, then when you hit a button on the remote, the RF things should catch it, and emit a signal from the emitter, but the original signal should get in also direct from the remote. The converted RF would be a hair later then the direct from the remote. Wouldn't that cause an issue?

Randell