Using DVR with no Internet connection?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by DaveB673, Oct 31, 2020.

1. DaveB673

DaveB673 New Member

Jan 1, 2020

Advertisements

Here's the situation: we just had an ice storm in OK. Power and internet at our house was out for 4.5 days. And we were fortunate. No big trees in the yard, and power back inside a week. Some will end up waiting another week for electric. We were able to get a generator for some power, so I plugged in the TiVo Roamio and a TV. BUT...I could not get anything to play off of the DVR.

Any idea(s) why no DVR usability? That is the very thing I did not like about AT&T U-verse. Anytime we lost the internet connection to AT&T we could not use the DVR. Thanks in advance.

2. Scott9mm

Scott9mm Active Member

Apr 4, 2015
    Rural NC
    My recollection is that my Roamio+ did play recorded shows without internet.

3. terpfan1980

terpfan1980 It's Just TV TCF Club

Jan 28, 2002
    Xbox Live:...
    Did you get an error message noting that the TiVo box hadn't connected to TiVo and needed to make a connection? If not then you should have been able to play recorded content.

4. jeffsinsfo

jeffsinsfo Member

Oct 15, 2005
    San Francisco
    You can definitely play recorded shows with no internet connection. I mostly have to use my Roamio while disconnected from the internet because it reboots repeatedly while connected.