Using Directv R15 to a Tivo Ser 2 DT

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by fulman68, Aug 4, 2007.

1. fulman68

fulman68 New Member

Aug 4, 2007
    Have anyone connect a DirecTv R15 to a Tivo Series 2 Dual Tuner with both channel being active? I know I can use 1 Satilite and 1 Cable connection. But I don't have Cable in my area?

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    If I were you. I'd get a standalone DirecTV receiver to be the source for the TiVo. It is counterproductive, IMO, to have one DVR feeding another DVR.

But, to answer your question, I doubt you can get it to work.

3. fulman68

fulman68 New Member

Aug 4, 2007
    I think that is what I will have to do, but I enjoy the dual channel recording. I wanted to use that feature under Tivo Thanks

John

4. Billy Bob Boy

Billy Bob Boy What Me Worry???????

Jul 25, 2004
    Here
    Get a Directivo than dual channel recording and a tivo to boot. Check ebay or circuit city is offering one.

5. lonewoolf47

lonewoolf47 Member

Nov 16, 2001
    Denver, CO.
    One of the best features of this Forum is the SpellCheck. It should be a requirement before you even TOUCH the Submit Reply button.

6. Da Goon

Da Goon Registered Abuser

Oct 22, 2006
    :eek: RUN!!!!!Grammar Police!!!!! :eek:

7. wolflord11

wolflord11 Lord of Darkness

Jan 16, 2007
    Madisonville...
    Why? The R15 is a Dual Tuner unit capable of recording 1 show while watching another, or recording 2 Shows while watching a Third pre recorded show.

The Series 2 DT is a Single Tuner DVR when working with Sat. It cannot record 2 Shows at the same time.

Best to just get the R15, or a Directv/Tivo unit and be done.

8. lancelot

lancelot New Member

Jul 8, 2006
    On the Circuit City Website, new Directivos are selling for $78---a much simpler solution.