Useless TIVO support

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by SNJpage1, Apr 27, 2011.

1. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    I sold a ser 2 to a friend with lifetime. He called tivo to transfer the lifetime and they told him they needed the service number. He told them he didnt know what the number was or where to find it. Instead of explaining that it is the 15 digit number on the sticker on the unit, they told him when he figures out what it is to call them back. What a waste of time their tech support is.

2. RickStrobel

RickStrobel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2000
    That's ridiculous! Did he get the name of the rep? I'd report it to a higher-up at TiVo.

3. RegBarc

RegBarc Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2003
    Holy crap, that's awesome.

4. wdave

wdave New Member

Jul 16, 2000
    Stevenson, MD
    Your friend has lifetime?

5. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    You're a bad friend for not telling the buyer in advance that he would need this info and give him a hint as to where to find it. ;)

ETA: Whoa! Got moved from Happy Hour. :confused: for a moment. :)

6. lessd

lessd Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    The last Lifetime TiVo I tried to move into another account (about a month ago) I had the TSN but the CSR said they could not do an instant move as they had done in the past, a special teem from corp now has to take the request and it would take up to 10 days for the move to be made, it did take 7 days and the move was made. I find that a pain also, could this be a prelude to not moving Lifetime TiVos at all, or charging for such a move?