Usefulness of this forum?

Discussion in 'VirginMedia TV with TiVo - UK' started by Adder, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Adder

Adder New Member

Oct 26, 2002
    Well, having had a look at some of the earlier threads here, it seems that a lot of the type of discussion we had here about series 1 TiVos is verboten. Unlike S1 the platform provider has their own forum that's probably a more effective place to flag software bugs and listings issues.

It's quite apparent there are only a very small cadre of people even using this forum as there are frequently fewer posts than you need one hand to count in one day. Has this place now "jumped the shark"? :confused:

2. mikerr

mikerr TiVoCentral.co.uk

Jun 2, 2005
    Lancashire, UK
    This forum has a large amount of people who have previously owned tivos for 10+ years, so know the software inside out.

VM's own forum seems full of ex V+ owners moaning about picture quality and lack of reminders last I checked ;)

3. geekspeak

geekspeak New Member

Oct 1, 2002
    I personally think a lot of people left this forum because every thread turns into a pointless cwaring bickering show. Even using the ignore feature you still have to churn though pages of meaningless "i said" "you said" drivel.

If this turns out to be MY last post, then farewell tivocommunity.com

4. alextegg

alextegg Tall Member

May 21, 2002
    Kingston...
    Maybe that's been his plan all along, perhaps he wants the place all to himself :)

5. TCM2007

TCM2007 New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Virgin TiVos are unhackable, which rather reduces the interest.

6. Tony Hoyle

Tony Hoyle Geek

Apr 1, 2002
    Manchester
    Normally it would increase it.. look on any iphone forum :p

There's lots of things I could think of even with the little I know already. Unfortunately such talk is now forbidden so I guess it's back to the VM forums (which are mostly kiddies complaining that the tivo isn't exactly like the V+).

7. Karnak

Karnak 'Local'

Jan 13, 2003
    It is nice to have somewhere that isn't full of the V+ kiddies complaining about reminders.