Used Series 3 monthly subscription rate

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by mtjake, Mar 14, 2011.

1. mtjake

mtjake New Member

Mar 14, 2011

Advertisements

I've tried searching for this answer but don't seem to see it answered anywhere specifically. I'm looking at buying a used Series 3 (most likely TCD652160 model) off eBay or Craigslist. My question is will I get the $12.95 per month subscription rate for any Series 3 I buy or do I have to pay the current $19.99 rate since I am a new account? Or is it a case by case basis? If I can get the $12.95 rate, do I have to have the previous owner do or give me something to transfer that rate to me? Any clarification on this would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. socrplyr

socrplyr Active Member

Jul 19, 2006
    You shouldn't have any problems getting the $12.95 rate as those boxes were never a part of the subsidized plans ($19.99). Note that they will probably require you to sign a 1 year contract at 12.95.
    Josh

3. mtjake

mtjake New Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Thanks for the response. One more question. I see there are a few Series 3s on eBay that are described as being new still. Assuming a contract period would have to be done, does the $12.95 subscription apply even to these "new" Series 3 TiVos?

Does the rate have to do with the fact that they are Series 3 boxes and not necessarily the account or time a customer signed up for service? So I could buy any Series 3, either new or used, and get the $12.95 rate?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to understand before I buy.

4. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    The $19.95 rate only applies to the Premiere (Series 4) subsidized boxes.

5. kbohip

kbohip New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    Colorado...

Advertisements

Sorry to bump an older thread, but I was about to ask this same question when I found it. I have another question though. It's apparently $12.95 a month for the subscription on the first Tivo HD. Does Tivo still give you a discount on a second subscription for a second Tivo HD? I seem to remember it being around $6.95 a month for the second dvr. This was 10 years ago though!

6. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Yes, but the MSD rate is now at $9.95.