Used Roamio OTA lifetime cost

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by mikeb33, Dec 6, 2020.

1. mikeb33

mikeb33 Hanger Arounder

Dec 10, 2001

Advertisements

Does anybody know what it would cost to add lifetime to a used purchase Roamio OTA?

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area

3. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    It's *possible* that TiVo might quote you another price, as the above is the standard cost for Lifetime/All-In for "cable" models. TiVo may have shifted the Roamio OTA model into the "for OTA" category, along with the BOLT OTA and EDGE OTA, for which All-In can be had for $250. It's worth a call to find out.

TiVo Service Plans and Policies: Essentials

4. tommage1

tommage1 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    You can BUY a used Roamio OTA (or even a cable/OTA Roamio "Basic") with lifetime for $200 or a bit less if lucky. Probably a lot less than Tivo would charge to add lifetime to a used monthly/yearly Roamio. Though I think adding lifetime to an OTA only model would be a lot less than $550.

5. vaquero

vaquero Active Member

Jan 14, 2020

Advertisements

It depends on which Roamio you have. Some of them you can't add lifetime at any price. I know, I got one.

6. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Given that a Roamio OTA can be converted into a CableCARD-ready DVR with a single component, I wouldn't be surprised if the Roamio OTA was barred from the "for OTA" All-In pricing.

7. DougJohnson

DougJohnson Member

Dec 11, 2006
    I bought a refurbished Roamio OTA with lifetime for $250 from Weaknees a couple of months ago. They are currently $280. TiVo may add lifetime to yours for less than that, but that puts a cap on how much you should pay. -- Doug

krkaufman likes this.