USDTV Box Compatable?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by restart88, Jul 23, 2005.

1. restart88

restart88 New Member

Mar 9, 2002
    St....
    Will the SA 2 work with the USDTV OTA DTV box? The cables look like that part would be no problem so I guess it's just a matter of Tivo recognizing the box.

I realize it would only record in SD but that would be an improvement for me.

http://www.usdtv.com/why_usdtv-reception_maps.php

2. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    Bump

I just got service to my USDTV box. So now I'm receiving 9 premium channels OTA. I'd love to run it through my Series 2 SA TiVo. I know I can only record SD, but then again that's all my current TV does anyway.

Anyone?

3. Trotski

Trotski New Member

Dec 16, 2003
    I would love to know how to control my DTV box as well. I'm using a TiVo to record from a box that provides Korean programming ( KISBTV) . Unfortunately I have to use it almost like an old-fashioned VCR in that I have to manually change the channel on the box. DirecTV has one of the channels ( SBS ) so I've selected that in my guide so at least I can automatically record programs on that station using the guide, but if I want to record on anything else I've got to remember to change the channels myself... Ugh.

4. loubob57

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    I checked for the DFW USDTV lineup at Zap2it.com and it was there, so Tribune has the lineup. It seems the only obstacle is for TiVo to send the correct signals from the IR blaster to change channels on the box.

TiVo if you're listening:
    Manufacturer - HiSense
    Model - DB-2010

5. loubob57

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    I submitted a lineup request. Here's the response: