USB Wifi for A92 and Premiere

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by tivoben, Jan 2, 2020.

1. tivoben

tivoben New Member

May 24, 2004
    Hi, are you going to make a usb wifi that works with Tivo Mini A92 and the Series 4 Premiere players?

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    On eBay. It's called wireless G adapter. 2.4GHz only. Premiere yes. I never tried the A92 Mini. There's none for the A93 either, only Mini VOX (A95) using TE4. But there's plenty of Ethernet to wireless bridges if you are interested.

3. tivoben

tivoben New Member

May 24, 2004
    Unfortunately this won’t work I’m looking for Tivo to answer the question. When will there be a mini a92/ premiere version of the TiVo dongle.

4. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    ^ This. As Joe's experimenting seems to indicate, does just as well as the TiVo dongle (and at less cost).

5. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Never. You can ask support: Tivo Customer Support Community or Twitter @TiVoSupport but they never come to this forum.

6. tivoben

tivoben New Member

May 24, 2004
    Hi, is there any such thing as a wireless bridge that is not powered by its own power pack? Limited access to power means connectivity by bridge that requires its own power is problematic.

7. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Not to my knowledge. However, these devices use very little power. I have six wall warts connected to one extension cord that plugs into my UPS. It runs my Blu-ray, Roku, Roamio, powered splitter and the RE580D that five devices use as a bridge.

8. lhvetinari

lhvetinari Si non confectus, non reficiat TCF Club

Jun 24, 2019
    Chicago
    The closest you'll get is a USB powered one, which can probably get enough power from the Mini's USB port.

Mikeguy likes this.