Urgent Phone Call From Directv??

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Fluffybear, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Fluffybear

Fluffybear New Member

Nov 10, 2000
    Georgia
    This evening I recieved a call from DirecTV.

The call started off with a voice message telling me, "please do hnot hang up as this is an important phone call from DirecTV regarding your account. a DirecTV account repersentive will be with you shortly, please do not hang up"

The last time I received a call like this was from Citibank wanting to verify some unusual purchases.

Anyway, After about 30 seconds, Judy came on the line and asked to speak with either my wife or I. After I confirmed she had the correct party here is how the call went down:

Judy: So, How do you like your DirecTV service?
    Me: Fine!
    Judy: Is all your equipment working okay?
    Me: I think so!
    Judy: Do you have any questions on how to use your equipment?
    Me: No!
    Judy: That's good! How do you like your DirecTV Programming?
    Me: Fine!
    Judy: Do you have any suggestions on how to make your DirecTV experience better?
    Me: Yes, More HD Programming! Less Shopping Channels! Oh, Wife says correct guide data for the Russian Channels would make her happy!
    Judy: I'll note those suggestions, By the way did you know DirecTV offers Automatic Bill Pay?
    Me: Yes, I have been using Auto Bill-Pay with Credit Card since August of 1994.
    Judy: Oh! I will note that on your account. Do you have any questions regarding your account, billing, programming, or equipment
    Me: No! If I do I will call you
    Judy: Have you heard about DirecTV's Freeview events on Channel 124?
    Me: Yes! I am already aware of what's on!
    Judy: Okay, Thank You for choosing DirecTV

Where does DirecTV get off lying to me and leading me to think this call could even remotely be considered as important? This was no more important then Charter Communications calling and asking if I would like their 5Meg HS Internet Service for $59.00 a month (which I have subscribed to for 6 months)

Maybe instead of paying a boiler room to call and ask stupid questions DirecTV could put the money to good use and lower my monthly bill.

2. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff New Member

Jan 30, 2004
    So they'll note on your account that you've been paying that account by automatic bill pay since 1994? That's some computer system.

3. tbeckner

tbeckner TiVo Fan

Oct 26, 2001
    Bend, OR, USA
    The highlighted part is likely the reason they where phoning you. I have received the Auto Bill-Pay message on all of my DirecTiVos twice in the last two weeks. And I am current paid two months in advance, and last June I paid my bill through December. They appear to be on an "Auto Bill-Pay" Campaign.