URGENT! My Tivo has no video!

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by WebAgents, Feb 2, 2009.

1. WebAgents

WebAgents It's TiVo-lutionary!

Jan 3, 2003
    North West...

Advertisements

Oh NOOOOOOOOO!

My Tivo can't detect a video input! :eek:

My Setup:

Sky+ connected to VCR input on Tivo
    Sky digibox connected to AUX input on Tivo

Sky+ only used by passthrough to tv.
    Sky digibox controlled by Tivo.

Tivo showing the ' no video input, try the five things below'

Sky digibox rebooted (as I thought it was the culprit) - no change
    Tivo rebooted - no change

Pressing 'VCR' on Tivo remote results in sky+ signal passed through as expected.
    Pressing 'AUX' on Tivo remote results in sky digibox signal passed through as expected.

BUT when Tivo signal sent to TV, all menus, epg etc. display fine but 'Watch TV' results in the blue ' no video input, try the five things below'

Any ideas? I've run out of things to try now :confused::(

TIA
    Bryan

2. cyril

cyril Active Member

Sep 5, 2001
    London UK
    are you tuned in to the analogue tuner? Press 101 to go back to Sky on AUX.

If TiVo is trying to find video on an analogue channel when there's no analogue aeriel connection it will display the blue 'No TV signal' screen.

3. DanielB

DanielB New Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Has the TiVo stopped working (you have been using it recently last month or so) or have you started using it now after not having used it for some time (months / years)?

4. WebAgents

Jan 3, 2003
    North West...
    I've never used the analogue tuner on Tivo...

But I've been typing 101, 102 etc. and ch up ch down and tivo IS changing the sky channel on the digibox, I can see the led on sky flickering and when I press aux bypass I can see that sky has changed channels.

Tivo has been working fine up until today. Scheduled recordings were getting no input - the time bar on playback has a timeline for the duration of the expected recordings but is stuck on play at 0:00 with the timeline NOT filled with green.

I have now unplugged tivo for five minutes and will reconnect after typing this post. BTW, temp reading is normal :(

Any more ideas anyone?

5. WebAgents

Jan 3, 2003
    North West...

Advertisements

Wahay! My Tivo is back!:D:up:

Instead of rebooting again, I removed the poer lead for 5 minutes, reconnected and all is well.

If I was to try and phrase the problem in simple terms I would say that the if the video signal from the aux input was being PROCESSED by tivo then it was not working and tivo displayed the blue 'no input' screen. If tivo was being asked to PAS THROUGH the signal and not process it, that was fine. Maybe a glitch on a input video processing circuit?

Anyway, thanls for the support with your suggestions and *hopefully* we can chalk this one up as a rare oddity?

Cheers Tivo'neers

6. DanielB

DanielB New Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Glad it is working maybe it like everything else today in England decided it wanted a day off due to snow.:)