URGENT, Help Please..

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by SiZcO, Jun 27, 2011.

1. SiZcO

SiZcO New Member

Jun 27, 2011
    I just moved and at my old house my tivo worked along with my Wireless adapter now im in my new place and it says no internet connection to fix it but.. heres the catch when i go to Messages & Settings it just goes right back to tivo central and it won't go any further.. can't see none of my recorded shows or anything.. ive unplugged adapter and even reset my box nothing has worked.. i know how to configure my adapter but i can't if i can't get into settings =/

2. jtreid

jtreid Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Reading, PA
    I know this may sound insulting, but are you sure your remote is working correctly and/or providing the proper OK button press? Instead of hitting "OK" after selecting Settings on the main menu, use the right arrow. See if that gets you there.

3. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Go into the sd menus. This is a known recent issue and TiVo has indicated they are working on it.

You can also try hard wiring in the meantime, so long as your connection is working.

4. SiZcO

SiZcO New Member

Jun 27, 2011
    What you mean by sd menu? and yeah i did the ok select also the right arrow both just keeps bringing back to tivo central.. and won't go into settings at all. so ur saying my wireless adapter is useless for now lol?

5. atmuscarella

atmuscarella Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    The Graphical HDUI does not work without a Internet connection. You need to switch back to the SDUI (old texted based UI) which will work without an Internet connection and then you should be able to watch your shows and figure out what is wrong with your wireless connection.

Good Luck,

6. SiZcO

SiZcO New Member

Jun 27, 2011
    Exactly and ive been over with tech support they said to do thumps up, thumps down pause pause or thumps up thumps down play play and it will go back to sd menu but my tivo doesn't do anything.

7. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    I think that's :thumbsdown::up: not :up::thumbsdown:

8. SiZcO

SiZcO New Member

Jun 27, 2011
    ur right lol it worked.. CS are retarded apparently