UPN Local Channel Through Directv Dallas Area?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by rdowdy95, Jan 3, 2006.

1. rdowdy95

rdowdy95 New Member

Jan 29, 2004
    I live in McKinney, TX and get my locals from the Dallas area. I was wanting to know if you other guys had the same problem. Channel 21 aka UPN looks like crap. It has tons of heavy lines running through it. It is like the source really sucks. Also the spanish channels 39 and another one, can't remember it sucks too. Does anyone elses UPN look like crap in the Dallas area. I have the HR10-250 and the standard Hughes 120 receiver, both receivers show UPN as sucky, but the signal strength is like above 95 on both transponders.

I am thinking. I am kind of mad at the whole thing with the 250 not getting the 6.2 update. Man that box is so slow sometimes. I myself am thinking about getting the r15 to replace my bedroom Hughes Tivo 120. Get the R15 to test it out, because when the HR20 comes out I am kissing that Tivo HR10 goodbye! I don't really care what software they use, I just want something to record my shows. Man that new Dish looks like it is pretty heavy though. OK sorry for going on and on> So Anyone elses UPN look like crap in the Dallas Area?

2. Trebor1

Trebor1 New Member

Apr 29, 2004
    I am in Austin. Our UPN (Directv)is unwatchable and the sound is horrific.

3. Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
    I get Dallas locals, with an R10 and an older DVR40. I watch UPN21 a lot, since they carry Mavericks games. The picture is ok for me, no better or worse than most other Dallas locals. The one Dallas station I do have problems with is KERA13. I consistently get diagonal strobe lines there. I recall problems in the past with NBC5 but it seems fine now.

4. Nasir

Nasir New Member

Aug 21, 2005
    I'm in Dallas the only channel that is messed up for me on Directv is 68. I have noticed techinal problems with channel 21 I turned to the channel on regular tv and it was messed up their to.

5. rhuntington3

rhuntington3 Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 1, 2001
    I don't watch 21 since Enterprise was cancelled. I'll check it today and see what it looks like.

6. rdowdy95

rdowdy95 New Member

Jan 29, 2004
    I am like Bob I like the channel pretty much for the Mavs. The channel looks like the previous poster said on one of his channels. The big thick strobe lines. It sucks. Oh well. Maybe one of these years when the HR20-250 comes out they can eventually get UPN in HD. Or better yet FSSW in HD for Mavs games.

7. rdowdy95

rdowdy95 New Member

Jan 29, 2004
    Also my UPN didn't use to do this. I have had Directv for a while now like 5 years. Just started happening prolly about 5 months ago or so. Maybe less, I don't watch it that much.