Upgrading from TWC Starter to Spectrum CableCard issue

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by KAL99, Mar 25, 2017.

1. KAL99

KAL99 New Member

Mar 25, 2017

Advertisements

Spectrum has taken over Time Warner Cable in most areas now including my own of Southeastern Wisconsin. I received an upgrade offer to switch from my TWC Starter TV / 50mbps internet package to the Spectrum Select TV package with 60mbps for the same monthly cost ($59.98). I called and signed up right away since I pick up speed on my internet and go from about 25 channels to 125 channels.
    I was told my CableCards (I have one in a basic Roamio and another in Premiere HD) would automatically update overnight and I would see my additional channels this morning. This did not happen. I am not surprised because the rep that helped me did not seem too confident in his knowledge about CableCard. Interestingly, I am getting more channels now through my Spectrum TV app on my Roku, so I know my package has already been upgraded.
    My question is, does a CableCard need to be "re-paired" or do I need to call in for support (scared to involve them)? For the record, I did go through Guided Setup again without any changes occurring to my lineup. I also tried manually adding a few of the new channels to my channel list and they were not working. Any suggestions?

2. mrizzo80

mrizzo80 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
  3. jth tv

jth tv Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2014
    But, after the promo ends, how much higher will the package be ?

4. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    This is TWC's (now Spectrum's) national CableCARD support desk. Bypass local support on any question related to CableCARD or Tuning Adapter. I think the chances local support will have a clue are more like 10%. In my region, at least, the national desk can reach right in to my local account and change settings.

dre_dbldbl likes this.
  5. KAL99

KAL99 New Member

Mar 25, 2017

Advertisements

The promo is good for one year, then goes to $79.99