Upgrading from Series 3

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Carlos_E, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Carlos_E

Carlos_E Member

Mar 12, 2007
    NYC

Advertisements

I am upgrading from a TS3 to a TP XL. I called Cablevision of NY and they told me I do not require a truck roll and I can come to their office and pick up a M Cable card for the new Tivo.

Is it easy to transfer the showed saved on my TS3 to the Tivo Premiere?

2. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach Active Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Drexel Hill, PA
    As long as the show is not copy protected and both TiVos have active service - yes.

Edit - I see you are upgrading. Do they keep the old TiVo active for a while so you can transfer the shows betwen them? If not you will need to transfer the shows from the S3 to a computer before switching your service and then transfer them to the TP after you switch. They would still need to not be copy protected.

3. Carlos_E

Carlos_E Member

Mar 12, 2007
    NYC
    Some are copy protected because I can't move them to my computer. That means they cannot be moved between Tivos?

4. MrSkippy53

MrSkippy53 New Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Correct

5. Carlos_E

Carlos_E Member

Mar 12, 2007
    NYC

Advertisements

I got the Tivo Premiere last night and tried to do a home install. Of course the first cablevision rep screwed up the pairing and said she needed to send a tech to do the install. I called back twice and spoke to other reps and they said whatever the first person did messed up the card and they have to send someone with a new one. So I have a $300 piece of nonworking hardware just sitting on a shelf. Yeah, I'm disappointed. :-(

6. Carlos_E

Carlos_E Member

Mar 12, 2007
    NYC
    Apparently the first 3 reps didn't know what they were doing. I just tried calling again and the woman said "Oh boy, they really did this wrong." She put me on hold for about 15 minutes then came back and I had a working cable card. I said I LOVE YOU!!!! LOL My Tivo is working. The iPad app is pretty cool to. :)