1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgraded Tivo Roamio to 3TB, recordings getting deleted automatically

Discussion in 'TiVo Upgrade Center' started by turbocomppro, Sep 10, 2017.

1. turbocomppro

turbocomppro New Member

Sep 10, 2017
    So nothing has been recording after the upgrade with OnePass. I checked History and found that the recordings are being deleted automatically because it says "space needed." I have nothing on the drive, it's new! Check the system info and says Free Disk Space is 474 HD or 3275 SD hours. So obviously the tivo sees the new HDD and it's available for recordings. Under My Shows in the main menu screen it shows 0%.

I CAN record manually though but I didn't check if it's being deleted automatically yet. I'm trying this now.

What's wrong with this? How do I fix this?

2. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
  3. turbocomppro

turbocomppro New Member

Sep 10, 2017
    Thanks Scott. I posted on that thread with a possible solution. I will update that thread of my findings.

4. jmbach

jmbach der Neuerer

Jan 1, 2009
    How was the Roamio upgraded. Did you just drop in the 3 TB drive and have the Roamio self format it or did you copy the original drive to the 3 TB drive with MFSTools.

5. turbocomppro

turbocomppro New Member

Sep 10, 2017
    Yes. Just dropped in and the Tivo did everything. The Tivo was new (jumped on the $299 lifetime deal a few months back). Had a problem with power on on the first box, had to get it exchanged so that took a few weeks. I didn't had time to play with it until recently and found this problem.

6. skaggs

skaggs AlbanyHDTV

Feb 13, 2003
    Albany, NY
    Having the same problem with a Bolt. Dropped in New drive and onepasses won’t record. History says deleted because space needed. Hmmmmm...?

7. turbocomppro

turbocomppro New Member

Sep 10, 2017
    Read the thread on the 2nd post. I provided details on how I solved my problem. I don't know exactly what's wrong but I'm not gonna spend 3-5 hours to troubleshoot it.

In short: WD Blue drive didn't work, WD Green drive worked.

Mikeguy likes this.