Upgraded Router - Lost Telnet

Discussion in 'TiVo Underground' started by tkenney, Aug 24, 2007.

1. tkenney

tkenney New Member

Dec 23, 2004
    I have an HDVR2 that has been wired to my Linksys router (BEFW11S4)and working for years (thanks Gunny!!!). Problems with the router caused me to upgrade to a "G" Router (WRT54G - but remember I am hard wired to the Tivo). I kept my SSID the same for the network and the IP address for the Router but I cannot see the HDVR2 on my network. I am using the USB200M wired adapter.

Thanks!!

Tim

2. Scott40

Scott40 New Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Recently I had my computers and network shutdown. I had my router unplugged as well. I left the tivos plugged in as normal. When I hooked everything back up and brought my computers and network back up, I could not find my receivers on my network either. I run my receivers wired as well. Hook up a serial cable to your pc, and to your receiver. Once you establish a connection that way to your tivo, rerun netconfig.tcl. Then, see if you can see it on your network then. It worked for me.

3. JWThiers

JWThiers Smartypants

Apr 12, 2005
    Cocoa, Florida
    Try restarting the router and tivo.

4. tkenney

tkenney New Member

Dec 23, 2004
    JW,

Thanks....that worked. I can now access the wired Tivo on my network. The only remaining issue is that the NPL refrshes very slow and it takes some time for the other 3 Tivo's (wireless "B") to show up on the NPL.

Tim

5. JWThiers

JWThiers Smartypants

Apr 12, 2005
    Cocoa, Florida
    That is a DNS issue most likely. To fix that, check the DVR-pedia (see my sig) look at the "Blank entries in the Now Playing List.

6. Scott40

Scott40 New Member

Aug 20, 2007
    There is another thing you can do that is easier than changing the code. You can go into the router setup and setup a access rule to give your tivo addresses internet access. It fixed my NPL problem in about 30 seconds.