Upgraded DVR40 and new features

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Marco, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Marco

Marco Loyal Little

Sep 19, 2000
    Capital of...
    Forgive me if this has been answered already ...

I have an upgraded RCA S2. Will I need to worry about not letting the future DTiVo upgrade, discussed here in ebonovic's thread, install to my unit?

Any chance my machine will get messed up?

2. Dkerr24

Dkerr24 Lost in Big Bend

Oct 28, 2004
    Okla, USA
    As long as you don't have a phone line connected, no worries.

3. Marco

Marco Loyal Little

Sep 19, 2000
    Capital of...
    Exactly my concern. :eek: So we upgraded TiVo owners won't be able to take advantage of the new features?

4. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    In general, you will be able to take advantage of them but will need to do a bit of extra work to do so without "messing up" your hacks. I think we'll need to wait to see just how DirecTV plans to implement "Remote Booking" to know the gory details. In the meantime, leave the phone line disconnected.

I have manually installed new software "slices" on my HR10 multiple times. Takes me about 10 minutes each time and I lose no hacks.

And if your upgrade is simply a larger disk, then you have nothing to worry about.

5. Marco

Marco Loyal Little

Sep 19, 2000
    Capital of...
    There we go. :up: Thanks Steve.

6. Dkerr24

Dkerr24 Lost in Big Bend

Oct 28, 2004
    Okla, USA
    None of the 'new features' I've read about sound all that ground-breaking. I definitely won't give up MRV and Tivo2Go for those features.