Upgrade URL to get the New TiVo Experience

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by TiVo_Ted, Oct 28, 2017.

1. TiVo_Ted

TiVo_Ted Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2000
    Pleasanton,...

Advertisements

I will be posting the URL here to make it easy for people to find out how to get our 4th generation user experience (formerly known as Hydra).

Please do not post any other questions to this thread so that we can keep the URL on the 1st page of the thread.

I expect to post it late tonight or early tomorrow morning. If you have gotten your hands on a TiVo VOX Remote, you do not have to visit this URL. Just pair your remote with your Roamio or BOLT device and press the blue voice button. That should trigger an app on the TiVo to walk you through the process.

BigJimOutlaw, Linkerbox, jd4 and 8 others like this.
  2. mbernste

mbernste Active Member

Apr 6, 2003
    Piscataway, NJ
  3. watstein

watstein New Member

Feb 17, 2005
  4. TiVo_Ted

Oct 3, 2000
    Pleasanton,...
    Hi everyone, as promised, here is the URL you need to visit in order to request our latest on-screen user experience.

Early Access Request

You will need to login with your TiVo.com username and password. From there, you should be able to choose which compatible DVR’s you would like upgraded. Boxes that are capable of running the new user experience include all flavors of Roamio (Plus, Pro, OTA) as well as all BOLT and BOLT+ devices. You do not need to select MINI devices to get the update. They get their software upgrade/downgrade instructions when connecting to a host DVR.

I’m going to keep this thread open, but please only use it to post whether the upgrade process worked, whether you ran into any issues, and if there are any tips/tricks to help others get the update. Please keep other topics to other threads. The one we are tracking the most is the VOX launch thread - TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion

Once you select a box to receive the upgrade, it will upgrade itself during its next daily call to the TiVo service. If you are anxious to get the release sooner, you should wait 2-3 hours after requesting the update and then you can force a connection to the TiVo service. Assuming your upgrade request has been processed, you should receive the update during this call. At this point, you can force a restart on the box to install the update, or once again you can just wait and the box will restart overnight and install the update.

So, fastest time to update is 2-3 hours, but it could take up to 48 hours if you just choose a box to receive the update and just wait for it to happen on its own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tim1724, JACKASTOR and krkaufman like this.
  5. tim_m

tim_m Active Member

Mar 8, 2017

Advertisements

Thanks Ted, i hope if i don't get it in the next hour or so when i force the connection it does not try and reboot during primetime.

6. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Highlighting from @TiVo_Ted's post...

cherry ghost likes this.
  7. tim_m

tim_m Active Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Got my Roamio updated but the mini keeps loading tivo central over and over then goes black.

8. sdpadres

sdpadres Member

Dec 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Houston we have a problem.....my Tivo Roamio updated with no issues. My minis no such luck. I've rebooted both minis. It takes you to the old UI and then my screens go blank. Anyone else have the same issue? Any recommendations on how to fix this?

9. demon16v

demon16v New Member

Sep 14, 2002
    I am having the same problem. Roamio update was pretty fast but my mini's all show a black screen.

10. tim_m

tim_m Active Member

Mar 8, 2017
    This is what i did, select your mini from the priority page. Wait a bit and then force a connection on the mini. The screen comes on for a second when you press the buttons. Navigating to network preferences takes a little patience but once you get there it will download the update. To install it pull the plug. The screen where you do the thumbs down doesn't stay up long enough.

kpeters59 and jackstoker like this.
  11. Linkerbox

Linkerbox New Member

Jan 31, 2005
    Same. Bolt upgrade fine, was way faster than I expected, just a few minutes it seemed compared to the 'hour or more' normal warning screen on reboot.

Mini i just turned on for the morning after the Bolt upgrade and got black screen. Hitting tivo or menu would show the old screen but then it would go to "One Moment" nearly right away and then go black.
    I now don't get the old screen or the one moment screen, i'm at just black now. Will probably risk pulling the power/plug on it shortly to see if that helps... fearing its downloading or updating though and pulling the plug will brick it.

12. demon16v

demon16v New Member

Sep 14, 2002
    Finally I was able to get 2 of the Mini's working but the 3rd one seems totally dead now. Pulled the plug after waiting for it to reboot for 30mim. All I get is a black screen now.

13. Linkerbox

Linkerbox New Member

Jan 31, 2005
    Pulled the plug to reboot mini, getting same problem. Hitting tivo brings up old menu but i only get 1 button press worth of time before it goes 'one moment' then black screen.

14. demon16v

demon16v New Member

Sep 14, 2002
    Of the 2 minis that I was able to get working one was gen1 and the other is gen2. The one not working is a gen1.

15. TiVo_Ted

Oct 3, 2000
    Pleasanton,...
    Well, we clearly have some sort of issue with installing gen4 UI on MINI’s. I’ve pulled the alarm bell to investigate further. I’ve asked a couple of you to send me your TSN’s so we can look at the logs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. DeltaOne

DeltaOne Mount Airy, MD

Sep 29, 2013
    Some of us have been posting Mini problems on one of the Coffee House boards. I've been having trouble updating a Gen 1 Mini.

17. Mockenrue

Mockenrue New Member

Jun 27, 2016
    I updated my Bolt and Mini without any issue. I registered both online, and it took about 90 minutes for the updates to be available when calling back to the TiVo service. Once both downloads completed, I accepted the prompts to restart and install. In about 5 minutes or so, both were up and running and I was able to play content from both. I also purchased a Mini Vox this morning, which I haven't set up yet. I wanted to makes sure I was up and running on existing devices first. Hopefully the new one updates as easily.

TiVo_Ted likes this.
  18. kwhittenberger

kwhittenberger New Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Woodinville, WA
    Count me in the group that has a borked mini. If I disconnect the main Tivo box, a premiere, from the network, then I can see the mini home page but a small soon as I reconnect the network, back to the loop. I would be fine downgrading if I could.

19. demon16v

demon16v New Member

Sep 14, 2002
    Hi Ted, I was out all morning and left the non working mini plugged in. I came home to find, Url invalid on the screen. So I unplugged it again, replugged it in and it finally went to the update. All seems good now, thank you.

20. peekb

peekb Member

Feb 11, 2005
    In case it helps, the URL displayed for me was http://\05 and the error was about an invalid character (I'm guessing that backslash :))