Upgrade question

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by martzta, Feb 24, 2019.

1. martzta

martzta New Member

Nov 11, 2003

Advertisements

Probably a dumb question but here goes. Ordered a Bolt and currently have a Roamio Pro on FIOS with Mcard. When the Bolt gets here I would like to activate it and deactivate the Roamio. I would like to transfer a few shows to the Bolt so what's the best way to do this? Can I move the Mcard to the bolt and activate it and still access the Roamio online (without the Mcard)? If that will work I should be able to transfer stuff, correct?

Is there a better way?

Thanks

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Just transfer the programs before de-activation. The cable card, while it may have channels, will still need to be paired. You can not access a deactivated TiVo online or via your internal network. You can play the programs already recorded. If the programs are copy protected, they won't transfer.

Using TiVo Online to transfer programs causes an entry to be added to the destination TiVo's To Do List. No different than doing it from the TiVo, except usually faster and easier.

When asked to choose a country, hit the Info button on the remote. That displays the current software.

3. martzta

martzta New Member

Nov 11, 2003
    Thanks. One more question. Can I watch programs recorded on a deactivated Tivo? In case I can't transfer them.

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Yes.