Upgrade options

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Tunemantp, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Tunemantp

Tunemantp New Member

Apr 2, 2011
    I see on the TiVo.com site that I'm not eligible for upgrade pricing. Anyone know what that pricing is? I deactivated my old S2 a while ago, and I have a refurb Premiere that I havent activated yet (TiVo says 12.95 / one year commitment).

Should I reactivate the S2 (12.95/month) and then switch on the premiere? I'm hoping to get a lifetime sub on the premiere. Don't even have the S2 anymore...

Suggestions?

2. Quake97

Quake97 New Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Southeastern PA
    Sounds like you're not a customer anymore, so you're not eligible for upgrade pricing since you're not upgrading from anything. Since you already have a Premier, just activate it and pay the monthly fee, or go for the yearly, like I do, it'll save you some month versus monthly.

Joe

3. Tunemantp

Tunemantp New Member

Apr 2, 2011
    The yearly makes most sense to me, but the only option that comes up is 12.95/month...

4. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Without another "active" Tivo on your account your stuck paying the standard subscription rate ($12.95 per month, minimum 1 yr. commitment / $399 lifetime.)

What happened to it? I don't think you can activate a Tivo that doesn't exist/isn't in your possession. But you could try...
    Even if you could, would it be ethical to activate a "non-existant" S2 Tivo, put lifetime on the Premiere for the MSD rate of $299 and then cancel the S2 within 30 days?

I don't think so, but to each their own...