Upgrade Number of Tuners

Discussion in 'TiVo Suggestion Avenue' started by jtrelfa, Jan 17, 2006.

1. jtrelfa

jtrelfa Superstar

Dec 20, 2005
    I know that the DirecTV Tivo has two tuners...and for good reason since it's pretty hard to switch to "live" TV if the directv receiver is your only source :)

Anyway, I thought it would be neat if Standalone TiVo folks could have that option (more than one tuner). That way, I could record two shows simultaneously and/or not have to worry if two season passes conflict.

Thanks,

Jon

2. maharg18

maharg18 Active Member

Dec 3, 2002
    Chattanooga, TN
    Do a search here for the Series 3 Tivo. :)

3. HotStuff2

HotStuff2 New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    Or for the *thousands* of other posts where people have said the same thing. :rolleyes: For like, oh, the past 2 or 3 years.

4. Hunter Green

Hunter Green Curmudgeon

Feb 22, 2002
    People's...
    You can. Buy another TiVo and another cable box.

5. jtrelfa

jtrelfa Superstar

Dec 20, 2005
    Sorry about the repeat...I should have paid closer attention to the other posts first and just did a "me too" ;)

Loving my TiVo....

6. dougadkins

dougadkins New Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Yeah Baby! I had to buy two units to record two things at once. My former Dish Network DVR had two tuners built in. Come on Tivo guys, get with it..... Please!
    Doug

7. megazone

megazone Hardcore TiVo Geek

Mar 3, 2002
    .worcester.m...
    The Series3 will be out in the second half of the year with dual tuners.

8. HotStuff2

HotStuff2 New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    My fingers are crossed that it comes out BEFORE then (hopefully in Q1, maybe Q2 - but I doubt it), and that's it at least not *terribly* expensive.

I, for one, have just about given up on TiVo. I've taken to downloading HD wide-screen content using BitTorrent and playing it on my modded Xbox running XBMC. I'd much rather have TiVo record it for me, though. :cool:

9. sik209

sik209 New Member

Jan 28, 2006
    this would mess up a lot of the counts of tv shows. because people are kind of like half watching it