1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Updating Channel problem

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by JCN, Aug 12, 2017.

1. JCN

JCN Member

Feb 4, 2016
    I set up my one pass, actually many of them. When I go into one pass manager I see many of the channel's still updating. I have tried rebooting. I have put in the channel information from the beginning from the repeat guided setup menu. I get the shows and I can manually record them from the guide but they won't do it from the one pass because they're still updating. I called the TiVo support and they tried a few different things basically all the things that I tried. He went to ask other colleagues and they said they haven't heard of this. He said it's in the software of the TiVo and was wondering if this is a glitch in the software update. He said that they would get back to me because he did not have an answer. I'm not really expecting a response back to be honest with you. So now I'm throwing it out to the experts on the forum and see if anybody has had this problem. My other bolt does not have this problem.

2. kpeters59

kpeters59 Active Member

Jun 19, 2007
    How long has it been doing that?

Maybe consider 'backing up' your One Passes to with KMTTG and doing a Clear and Delete Everything?

I know that's traumatic, but if it's been on-going, might be best to start over...

-KP

3. JCN

JCN Member

Feb 4, 2016
    I guess it's been about a week since I rebooted my 8 terabyte hard drive what the Sata situation. I was wondering if that's the software that's within the TiVo itself or is it software with my hard drive that could be be creating that problem. I know the Tivo has its own software contained within itself outside the hard drive.

4. kpeters59

kpeters59 Active Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Well, the TiVo software on the Bolt is in the Hardware, but all the settings and such are on the hard drive. So, it might have some kind of corruption on the hard drive that's causing it.

I suppose that it also could be in the firmware. I think you could rebuild that from the Green Screen repair, but probably ought to do the C&DE first.

-KP

5. JCN

JCN Member

Feb 4, 2016
    I think the C&DE sounds logical to try first. I can just transfer the recordings to the other Bolt. Not sure what the green screen repair is.

6. kpeters59

kpeters59 Active Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Miscellaneous Services from WeaKnees.com

TIVO ROAMIO/ROAMIO PLUS/ROAMIO PRO/BOLT:

1. If your remote control is in RF mode, you will need to put it in IR mode before running the kickstart procedure. Press TiVo + C to enter IR mode. (To put the remote back in RF mode, press and hold the TiVo+Green D buttons until the amber light flashes.)

2. As the TiVo DVR restarts, the green LED light on the front bezel of the box will be lit.

3. When you see the yellow/amber light begin to flash, wait a second and then press and hold the Pause button on the remote for two seconds, then release it.

4. Within 5 seconds, press the kickstart code (see below) on the remote control.

5. If you are successful, the green and amber lights will blink in alternating patterns to indicate the code has been accepted.

TiVo Kickstart Codes
    50 Wipe database partition Unknown
    51 Software Upgrade

This would force the installation of an available OS upgrade. In our experience, it's rarely effective since any viable OS upgrade should install on its own at reboot time. May not work with all TiVo models.

You'll see this screen while the install is proceeding:

[​IMG]

52 Emergency Software Reinstall
    This attempts to reinstall the last version of the TiVo OS on the unit.

You'll see this screen while the install is proceeding:

[​IMG]

53 BER Testing This tests the Bit Error Rate. We don't have too much info on this routine.
    54 Hard Drive Test
    This code allows a SMART test of the hard drive(s). Most recent hard drives support this series of tests. Other tests are also available. See our full TiVo kickstart code 54 page for info.

55 Tuner and AFT Test Again, not a lot of info on this one. We think AFT stands for "automatic frequency tuning."
    56 Software Install The TiVo attempts to connect to the TiVo servers to download and install the most recent version of the TiVo OS for that model. The unit should be connected to the phone line or ethernet.
    57 Media File System (MFS) check
    Causes a GSOD (green screen of death) to appear while it checks and attempts to repair any file system problems.

58 Media File System (MFS) cleanup Same behavior as 57, presumably with rudimentary defragmentation.
    59 Repeat Guided Setup Forces TiVo to repeat guided setup process.
    64 Perform Forensic Unkown
    68 Open Tray Opens DVD tray on certain TiVo models
    70 Boot with default features set Unknown

-KP

7. JCN

JCN Member

Feb 4, 2016
    Wow the more I know the less I know. Thank you for the information. Since I have the latest software which code or codes do you believe would be most useful in my situation?

8. kpeters59

kpeters59 Active Member

Jun 19, 2007
    FIRST you would do the C&DE. That will, most likely, fix it.

If, in the off chance, it doesn't then worry about that...

-KP

9. JCN

JCN Member

Feb 4, 2016
    10-4 Thank you.

10. JCN

JCN Member

Feb 4, 2016
    Problem resolved. At this point did not have to pair the CableCARD. All the channels seem to be working properly. Maybe if I have time I'll do it just to do it make sure it's set up properly. Simple problem to solve when you have the correct answer. Interesting TiVo doesn't come up with it. Once again thanks for your helpful knowledge.

11. kpeters59

kpeters59 Active Member

Jun 19, 2007
    So, C&DE fixed it?

-KP

12. JCN

JCN Member

Feb 4, 2016
    Yes sir. Should have clarified that.

kpeters59 likes this.