Updating but no new guide data?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by klia, Jan 10, 2016.

1. klia

klia Member

Apr 12, 2005

Advertisements

Has anyone else not gotten any new guide data since Thur., 1/7? TiVo has successfully updated every day, but as soon as it disconnects, it's loaded and done instantly, so clearly, no new data is being downloaded.

2. TivoJD

TivoJD Active Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Polk Co,...
    I noticed the same thing, I have guide data til 11 am on 1/20. I've been checking daily, there is a show I want to record on 1/21, but no guide data yet.

3. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    Me too, but I think I noticed this morning that guide data was there in the iOS TiVo app. Not sure why that is. Maybe because the app gets the data from TiVo on the internet instead of the box itself. But if that data is already known to TiVo they SHOULD be sending it to the boxes. I've noticed 2-3 day delays in receiving guide data until it all shows up at once, happening about 2-3 times per month usually over a weekend. It's already been three days though.

4. PSU_Sudzi

PSU_Sudzi Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs
    I was just going to post this as I check every couple of days as part of reviewing my to do list. Only have data until 1/20 too.

5. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA

Advertisements

Data on our S3 and Roamio Pro only goes to 6:30pm on the 20th as well.

Scott

6. klia

klia Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Good to know it's not just me. And it seems to be across the country, too (I'm in the west). The only times I've ever seen these no-new-data updates, it's never been for this long.

7. PSU_Sudzi

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs
    Guide data at TiVo is probably running on an old Windows NT server in a janitors closet and no one has gone in their for TP recently to see its frozen.

8. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    This isn't a one-off. It happens quite frequently. My guess is they've contracted daily updates out to make it so cheap that they don't have anyone who knows what they're doing covering for days at a time. At this rate it's going to affect my purchase decision for a new DVR this year.

9. PSU_Sudzi

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs
    I've only noticed it a few times over the past year and it never got more than 3 or 4 days behind. It would only be a big deal to me if it ran out completely and if that happened everyone would be screaming.

10. slowbiscuit

slowbiscuit FUBAR

Sep 19, 2006
    In the ATL
    It definitely seems to be much worse than before, I've noticed regular occasions now where you only get 9-10 days of data instead of the usual 12-13. Seems to be something new in the last month or two.

11. suomynona

suomynona Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Tivo says one thing is on HBO -- but something else is on.

This has been going on for over a week -- or so it seems.

Like last night -- said "John Wick" had been on for ten minutes -- but the movie was almost over. Can't change the time on a Tivo, so maybe there is something going on with their servers. I can connect, but it doesn't fix the wrong times for everything. I wouldn't know where to begin to look for times for shows. Didn't realize how much I relied on Tivo to provide correct guide information.

And yes, I am too only showing through 1/20.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  12. bwhitney

bwhitney Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Kearneysvill...
    I am Beta Testing the next Roamio software release to fix the RF signal problems many of us have had since the Winter 2015 update was pushed and broke many Roamios. I got notified Friday evening the RC21 was up for beta testers, while my Roamio goes through the motions like it is updating, many of we beta testers can't get the update.

After reading this thread, I checked my Guide and sure enough, I haven't had an update to the Guide in the last 5 or 6 days.

It looks like Tivo's update servers are not pushing any data whatsoever. I will notify Margret and Sarah we are having a common update problem.

Brad

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  13. velouria28

velouria28 Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Damn, this is terrible.

Not a single thing on the schedule is updating. Even things like American Horror Story on Wednesday haven't been corrected to the proper length.

What is going on at Tivo?

14. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Well, I guess it's not just me.

Both of my Premieres only have Tivo Guide date up to 1/20. Both have software version 20.5.6.RC14-01-2-746.

With one of them I did a connection. No problems at all, except that it didn't update the guide info.

I didn't even bother to call because my experiences of late is that the people there have no longer been helpful or knowledgeable AT ALL. Too bad as, for years, you could call Tivo and they would really know what they were doing and what to do.

ETA - Brad, Thank You! :)

Horace Bailey likes this.
  15. klia

klia Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Thank you, Brad!

16. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    This is probably a very stupid question so, for that, I will apologize in advance -

Which connection is the one that updates the guide info? Is it the 'Service Connection' or the 'VCM Connection'?

17. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    service connection.

18. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Thank You very much! :)

I have wondered for the longest time, but keep forgetting to try and find out what each connection does.

19. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    no trouble, it's my understanding the vcm connection communicates online scheduling info between online applications and your tivo.

20. lostinSJ

lostinSJ New Member

Jan 2, 2016
    Just adding another post. I have the Premier & software is same as above.

Thanks to those that are trying to help.