unsubed humax DVD player

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Hank, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Hank

Hank AC•FTW TCF Club

May 31, 2000
    Boston, MA

Advertisements

Can I still use an un-subbed HUMAX Tivo for just playing DVDs?

Or will it nag me to death to subscribe?

thanks.

2. dylanemcgregor

dylanemcgregor Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 31, 2003
    Corner of...
    It will nag you, but you can still use the player to play DVDs. I went for a couple of months without any sort of phone line or internet connection and was still able to access the DVD menu and play DVD.

And just in case anyone else wonders. The Humax models do not come with TiVo Basic like some of the other TiVo/DVD combo players did, so there is no recording at all without a subscription.

3. calitivo

calitivo Active Member

Dec 5, 2002
    I disconnected the internet connection before cancelling and the only nagging I get is when I hit the Guide button. Not sure if it will nag you moreso if it receives a cancelled message from Tivo. I think what you are asking is whether Tivo will constantly remind you to get service and the answer is no.

4. MKREdit

MKREdit Member

Jul 18, 2002
    Brooklyn
    calitivo are you still able to record with the unit? I just replaced my unit with an HD unit figuring I would just sell it but I have no takers. I'd hate to just put it out at the curb so if i could just use it to transfer vhs's to DVD from time to time that would justify keeping it around

5. lessd

lessd Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT

Advertisements

After about 31 days you will not be able to record to a DVD or on the hard drive but you can play any DVD or anything already recorded on the hard drive. Trick TV will still work.