Unsubbed Humax w/ DVD?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by davezatz, Aug 27, 2007.

1. davezatz

davezatz Funkadelic

Apr 18, 2002
    Fairfax, VA
    Hey All,

I'm thinking of unsubbing my Humax DVD burner until possibly picking up a TiVo HD around the holidays - now that we've gone HD in the bedroom. What I'm wondering is can I continue to use the Humax as a DVD player without a subscription? I know the DVR functions will be dead, but what about DVDs?

Thanks!
    Dave

2. dylanemcgregor

dylanemcgregor Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2003
    Corner of...
    This should work fine. When I first picked up my Humax there was a couple of months that I didn't have a phone line or internet, but I was able to use the DVD player fine. Note that this was a new unit that had never been subbed, so there is a slight chance that things would be different for a unit that was specifically unsubbed, but I don't think so.

3. kesin88ui

kesin88ui New Member

Aug 29, 2007
    This should work fine. When I first picked up my Humax there was a couple of months that I didn't have a phone line or internet, but I was able to use the DVD player fine. Note that this was a new unit that had never been subbed, so there is a slight chance that things would be different for a unit that was specifically unsubbed, but I don't think so.