Unscheduled Recordings

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by MeadDogMan, Jan 27, 2016.

1. MeadDogMan

MeadDogMan New Member

Jan 27, 2016

Advertisements

My new Roamio OTA is recording unscheduled shows. When I see the red recording light on the front of the unit, I go to the guide to see what shows are recording. I never have set any of these shows to record. I have checked all the various settings on the Roamio OTA. Everything appears to be correct.

Any suggestions on what might be causing these phantom recordings??

2. BRiT wtfdotcom

BRiT wtfdotcom Active Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Suggestions.

3. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    TiVo is like a trick pony: It performs amazing stunts that no other pony can do but it has some irritating quirks such as uncontrollable flatulence that you just have to live with. :p

Seriously, turning off suggestions will probably fix this. But then there are the cases where it's recording *something* but you can't tell what it is. This happens when it's recording Telemundo ads to show you later. I believe there is a way to block those but don't remember what it is.

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    There is the Discovery Channel recordings too. I have a Premiere with no cable card on-line. I saw the red LED come on early one morning. I took a look, and a tuner said it was on my cable channel for Discovery. That would be sort of impossible - it's encrypted.

But the ads get through somehow.

5. MeadDogMan

MeadDogMan New Member

Jan 27, 2016

Advertisements

That was the problem! Thanks everyone for the solution!