Unrequested Skip-to-Tick action

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by L David Matheny, Dec 26, 2011.

1. L David Matheny

L David Matheny Active Member

Jan 29, 2011
    SE Ohio
    I use the Skip Forward button a lot, still with the default 30-sec scan setting. Occasionally I end up at or near the end of the recording for no apparent reason. I originally just assumed that I had accidentally hit the FF button (with my thumbnail maybe), thus causing some of the Skip presses to perform Skip-to-Tick actions. But it happens so often that now I'm convinced that I'm not hitting any buttons accidentally, but rather the Premiere is doing a Skip-to-Tick when it shouldn't. Since a 30-sec Scan Forward is just a time-limited 30x FF action, it appears that if your timing is just right (or just wrong) you can catch the Premiere when it thinks it's actually in FF mode, thus causing the error. Has anybody else seen this?

2. etz

etz New Member

Sep 8, 2006
    if you do a press & hold of that button, it will take you to the last tick / end of the recording, regardless of whether you are fast forwarding or not. Maybe you button is sticky and it thinks you are holding it?

3. L David Matheny

L David Matheny Active Member

Jan 29, 2011
    SE Ohio
    That's an interesting thought. I don't actually hold the Skip button down, but maybe pressing it repeatedly in quick succession is functionally equivalent (in terms of what the remote sends to the Premiere). I'll slow down my button pressing and see if that helps. Thanks.