Unofficial List of Missing Netflix Instant Watch Titles

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by innocentfreak, Nov 18, 2010.

1. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida

Advertisements

No longer maintaining this thread.

2. MikeSp

MikeSp Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Sorry, but do not purposely mean to be dumb about this issue, but can I assume that you are saying that the programming by Netflix on Tivo is different from that on PS3 or "X" brand of TV or Blu-ray player or even one of the streamers like Roku, Boxee or Apple TV?? :confused:

IF this is the case -- WHY the difference in programming?

Thanks for any clarification.

MikeSp

3. innocentfreak

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    These are shows that are available for Instant Watch but for some reason aren't showing up in the new Premiere Search. If they are in your queue you can select them and play them fine.

For example if you search for The Office and select season 6, it currently says Amazon only, yet I have it in my queue and have been watching it without issues. Dexter is the same. TiVo just doesn't find it in the universal search.

I am guessing it is an error or possibly some type of delay between content showing up as instant watchable and when TiVo indexes it. I don't think it is intentional since the content isn't blocked from playback.

4. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    So we should classify this as yet another bug.....

5. MikeSp

MikeSp Member

Mar 2, 2010

Advertisements

Since I do not yet have Netflix, I do not know if this could be the issue after talking to a Netflix customer rep -- some shows must be reformatted by Netflix for the device on which they are shown and sometimes there are lag times in the show being readied for some devices. This answer resulted when I questioned IF I had a Netflix account, would I be able to access the same exact shows on whichever device I wanted to use at the time whether Tivo, PS3, Roku, Boxee, Android device or ...?... as well as my computer.

MikeSp

6. ignavia

ignavia 4 8 15 16 23 42

Oct 4, 2004
    South Louisiana
    But it's not to do with reformatting. This isn't even a Netflix issue, it's a TiVo issue. I have Dexter Season 2 in my Netflix Instant Queue (which is what you see when you launch the Netflix app) and it works fine from there.

But with the TiVo Premiere's new search, you're supposed to be able to see all sources of a movie/show. Upcoming showtimes, digital purchase options, and streaming options. The shows listed above work fine if they're in your Instant Queue, but if I search for "DEX" and go to Dexter, then Season 2, it says not available. That's the bug we're discussing here.

7. orangeboy

orangeboy yes, I AM orangeboy!

Apr 19, 2004
    East Moline, IL
    It actually seems like this thread got derailed from it's main purpose of listing missing Netflix titles. The bug discussion was started in this thread.

From the OP:

8. Mike-Mike

Mike-Mike New Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Louisville, KY

yeah, I have Roku and TiVo, and there are certainly shows on Roku that are not available on TiVo, such as The Office season 6. I contacted Tivo about this and they said it was a Netflix issuel, said they sent out different feeds to different boxes, such as TiVo, Roku, or PS3

9. innocentfreak

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    Updated to add Doctor Who (2005) The Next Doctor

10. Draygonia

Draygonia New Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Pineapple Express is DVD only? This is a crime!

11. innocentfreak

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    Added 30 Rock season 2 and 3

12. NiteCourt

NiteCourt Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Erie, PA...
    How about the opposite issue? This weekend Raiders of the Lost Arc was on. I did a search to see when it was on again. I then saw the Netflix symbol and it said watch now on Netflix. I clicked on it and I was in the Netflix app with the description of the show and the art work. I tried to play it and got the error that this title was not available for streaming. Why even show the Netflix option if the movie isn't there?

13. innocentfreak

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    I added it. I haven't come across any of those yet, but I watch mainly TV shows on Netflix instant watch.

14. JimboG

JimboG Member

May 27, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    Isn't that rather tangential? Or did you mean "Lost Ark"?:p

15. lujan

lujan Active Member

May 24, 2010
    You can add Battlestar Galactica Season 1, Episodes 1 and 2 that don't show up on the instant titles on the Premiere but do show up on my Panasonic 300.

16. innocentfreak

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    They are there. Since Netflix has them as seperate episodes, you have to look at the individual episodes in the episode guide. I show both 33, S01E01, and Water, S01E02, as available via Search in the episode guide.

17. TVCricket

TVCricket HDUI

Mar 7, 2010
    I watched multiple episodes of 30 Rock S2 last night.

18. innocentfreak

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    I just double checked and on the Premiere in the HDUI season 2 still shows for me Amazon only.

Did you watch them via your queue or did you pull them up with the episode guide using search?

19. lujan

lujan Active Member

May 24, 2010
    It's weird because they were not there on 12/31/10 but they were there on 1/1/11. I guess something changed on the other end at the start of the new year?

20. TVCricket

TVCricket HDUI

Mar 7, 2010
    Already had them in my Queue. I never add movies through anything other than my PC or iPad app.