Universal G7 Gamer Remote on clearance for $3.50 at KMart, Good Tivo button layout

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Mark W, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Mark W

Mark W Member

Dec 6, 2001
    CT, USA

Advertisements

Hi Folks,

K-Mart has a Universal Remote called the Universal Remote Control Gamer on clearance right now for $3.50 It was originally $35. It is basically the same remote as the G7, but with some X-Box and Playstation customization. I picked up a couple because the button layout seemed to work well for Tivo. The transport keys are right where your thumb rests. I figured for $3.50, why not give it a try!

It is a learning remote with a large amount of memory for learned commands.

In many stores it's located in a separate display from the other remotes. Also, they are marked at various prices, but when they scan, they scan at $3.50. I put this thread in the SDTivo forum also, but I thought some of you might not go over there.

Amazon link to the remote: http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Rem...?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1186087723&sr=1-21

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    That's great news, but shouldn't this have been posted in the Happy Hour? :)

3. coachO

coachO New Member

Nov 25, 2004
    near...
    Thanks for the post will check it out. I need a new one since I bought my Viewsonic.

Glad you posted here, this is the only place I frequent.