Unexpected Date Change on HR10-250 or did my HDTivo time travel to the future?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Crash_Corrigan, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Crash_Corrigan

Crash_Corrigan New Member

Feb 27, 2004

Advertisements

I'm still using my HR10-250 (mostly for OTA HD) and SD Directv programming.

I just discovered a message on the unit saying that it hadn't called in something like 115 days. That seemed weird. Its been continuously hooked up to a phone line since day one.

Anyway, I checked the System Info screen and Today's Date shows up as July 14, 2009. Anybody else having this problem? It's pulling the date from Directv, so there isn't a manual fix, correct? All the guide data is wrong (empty), so it won't record any of my Season Passes and Wish Lists until it gets the right date and right guide data.

Something must have happened today, because I used the HR10 yesterday and it had correct guide data yesterday.

Help.

2. BigBearf

BigBearf New Member

Aug 17, 2005
    This happened on several of my HR2xs also. A reboot fixed the problem.
    BigBearf

3. PeterGV

PeterGV New Member

Dec 27, 2001
    Mont Vernon, NH
    Seems like we're not the only ones... Over in the non-HD DirecTivo thread, there are reports from all over the USA of this problem on DirecTV tonight.

http://tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=421945

So... ah... I guess we wait for it to fix itself.

I *am* relieved to know it's not something unique to my device, though.

Whew!

Peter

4. Crash_Corrigan

Crash_Corrigan New Member

Feb 27, 2004

Advertisements

I rebooted my HR10 and that seems to have fixed the date/time and guide data. My To Do List is still empty, but I guess it takes time to repopulate.

I guess I need to check my HR22. It didn't occur to me that this might also be a problem on the newer non-Tivo unit.

Thanks for the link to thread on DBSTalk about this problem.

5. BOBCAT

BOBCAT Member

Nov 28, 2002
    SF bay area
    Same problem here. No guide info. TiVo box Said that I hadn't made a call in 114 days. Made a test call and the guide info came back. My Dad had the same problem. Guess it's D* trying to kill off the 10-250's to get everyone on their box. (just kidding)

6. TyroneShoes

TyroneShoes HD evangelist

Sep 6, 2004
    I suspect Tribune data issues. Some drone probably fat-fingered the date. Hopefully a one-time glitch.

7. BOBCAT

BOBCAT Member

Nov 28, 2002
    SF bay area
    CHECK YOUR SEASON PASSES!!

None of my season passes are recording now. When I check the season pass info, it says that "This episode will not be recorded" Missed 2 programs so far. Will have to delete the season passes and then add them back to insure that they will record.

8. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    last night there was a very widespread issue with many different receivers

if by now the todo lists arent back id suggest a reboot