Undone (Amazon Prime) - Season Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Regina, Sep 13, 2019 at 8:33 PM.

1. Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    Is anyone watching this AMAZING show?

It's animated-the same animation style as the documentary "Tower" - rotoscope animation. It's dreamy and wavy and oh-so-cool.

It's got Bob Odenkirk so I was sold from the second I heard that-

Don't want to give too much away but the casting is perfection and I am already on episode 5 and I can't believe there are only 8 episodes! I want MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE!

I heard a review this morning on NPR and the critic said that he had been waiting for a streaming service to make a show like no other seen before-and this is it! YESSS!

2. wprager

wprager Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Ottawa, Canada
    I started earlier today and just finished. Watched it with my daughter who also loves this kind of mind expanding stuff.

The lead reminded me a lot of Aubrey Plaza. I know it wasn't her (it was the actress who played Alita - Rosa Salazar). I recognized the sister right away (from Life in Pieces).

I was really wondering how they were going to do a show because it would with great as a movie or looked run series. A little bit surprised how it "ended". I really thought the big corporation (GCA?) was behind it and (inI'msure they still are, but not in the way we initially thought).

I loved it!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019 at 2:33 PM
  3. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    I decided to watch just the first episode before heading to bed. I crawled into bed after episode 5. It’s a perfect use of the animation style and one of the best things I’ve seen on TV this year.

4. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Enjoyed the show, but wasn't crazy about the end...

Rob Helmerichs likes this.
  5. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Yeah, teasing us with the "this might just be mental illness" thing after already giving us pretty incontrovertible proof that it's not (the things she saw in the past, one of which was confirmed and which she would have had no other way of knowing) was not very satisfying.

6. Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    Hopefully they are setting up for season 2! I want MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE!

7. wprager

wprager Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Ottawa, Canada
    I suspect they had to do that to make it into a series. Otherwise it's a movie or limited run.

I must admit, I initially thought Father Miguel will turn out to be a GCA mole. Who knows, maybe he still will.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019 at 3:06 PM
  8. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    I'm up to E2. Good cast, I like the animation, but not sure I'll like the time-travelling-lets-go-back-and-change-the-future plot (that I just watched in the final season of Legion)

9. tomhorsley

tomhorsley Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2010
    She's a female Billy Pilgrim! :).

heySkippy likes this.