Undocumented Pause Bar Command Not Working

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Emacee, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Emacee

Emacee Member

Dec 15, 2000
    Philadelphia...
    My Tivo no longer responds to the command to remove the progress bar quickly (Select, Play, Select, Pause, Select) when I pause something. I had a power outage the other day and had to re-enter command codes for undocumented features I'd been using: On-screen time display (Select, Play, Select, 9, Select), 30 second skip (Select, Play, Select, 3, 0, Select) as well as remove pause bar quickly. The other two work but the one for the pause bar.

Also I am not seeing additional information or ads along with the pause bar.

I have not had a software upgrade for a while. Has this command been deactivated or something?

2. dwit

dwit Active Member

May 4, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Appears to maybe have been disabled, or altered. Couple of threads alreadly discussing the issue. See the recent thread listings in some of the other forums(help center, s3hd, premiere). Very recent.

3. CuriousMark

CuriousMark Forum Denizen

Jan 13, 2005
    SoCal
    The short answer is to find a prerecorded show that has the pause button that displays when you hit pause. There aren't many anymore, but when you find one, you can use it. Then press down to minimize it and do the S-P-S-Pause-S sequence. You should hear the triple chime.

4. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Keep trying the SPS pause while on a recording, it's still possible without any pause ads. If you do not hear the pings, press select a couple times. Its what happened when I tried it.

5. Emacee

Emacee Member

Dec 15, 2000
    Philadelphia...
    Thanks, guys. I finally found a recorded show with an ad attached to the pause bar and the quick remove command worked. Just in time to read Chuck Lorre's latest vanity card.

6. MHunter1

MHunter1 TiVo Bug Hunter

Oct 11, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Here's how I was able to activate the undocumented feature that automatically hides the green progress bar during fast-forward, rewind, skip, and pause. It worked even after a TiVo service update disabled Showcase ads and the Pause Menu.

While playing a recorded program or watching live TV, activate the Channel Banner by pressing Right until just the banner is shown without the extra transparent info frame then press Select-Play-Select-Pause-Select before the banner disappears in about 4 seconds.

The channel banner is only needed to activate the SPSPS code, not to de-activate it.

I've only tested this method on a Series 2 TiVo and would like to know if it worked reliably for others.