Undercover boss, OAD 3/27/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by omnibus, Mar 28, 2011.

1. omnibus

omnibus cowboy, yee-ha

Sep 25, 2001
    Lost in Wyoming
    I for one found this episode slightly disgusting more than enlightening. CEO of the poop palace, ewww!

2. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Yeah...a pretty gross and boring episode.

I wish they would be able to get more well known (national) companies involved instead of the offbeat regional no name places.

I mean I'd like to see people from say GM or Ford, or MS or Apple get out there and see what the normal folk do for them day to day.

3. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I thought it was entertaining, as usual. It's interesting to find out how they use this. I didn't do any searching online, but with various farms creating methane recovery systems and such, I've wondered why they didn't do it for sewage treatment too.. This isn't that, but at least it's recycling.

4. Worf

Worf Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2000
    It's also one of the few shows where the CEO doesn't completely blow every job - he actually got people "voting" for him...

5. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I enjoyed the fact that the employees all seemed to really like their jobs no matter how dirty or hard.

6. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    ...or mushy, stinky, and soft....ewwww.

:D

7. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    It's rare that this show will focus on people who are unhappy in their jobs. I get the feeling that they are nominated in some way for recognition as they all seem to have a 'story'.

The only exception I can think of was the kid who worked in the warehouse at United Shipping.

These are not random employees. I'm sure there are MANY unhappy workers at all the companies featured.

8. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    Yeah... I am guessing the same.

But how do they (the producers of the show) go about selecting employees to be featured without blowing the cover to lowe level manager types.

9. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    There have been other unhappy employees. In fact one was almost fired as the show was being filmed. It was a woman in customer service (phone service) that was rude to the customers. I don't remember which company this was.

10. Frylock

Frylock Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2002
    Just West...
    I think it was GSI Commerce.