Undercover boss...1/15/12

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by omnibus, Jan 15, 2012.

1. omnibus

omnibus cowboy, yee-ha

Sep 25, 2001
    Lost in Wyoming
    Thiis was the season premiere and the boss was the CEO of Diamond resorts a thriving multinational timeshare.

Four employees were involved, one involving a call-center employee I found the most shocking. To her eventual relief the boss found her sub-standard performance a result of poor training.

At the end of the episode the boss gave away an amazing amount of cash in excess of 1/4 million dollars, WoW!

2. ThatOne

ThatOne Well-Known Member TCF Club

Oct 21, 2008
    Beverly...
    Sure, but I think he was just promoting his company.

Funny to read the comments on Facebook.

Brings personal security to "sweep" his room?

This guy is a major tool... completely turned me off on his company. I'll make it a point to not stay in one of his places. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

3. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    There's no doubt that CEO was a d*ck, but the most generous d*ck I've ever seen on that show. that security guy was WAY beyond necessary!

One guy got his $150k mortgage paid off PLUS another $50k as a bonus and the painter got a $20k bonus and a brand new hybrid truck! I'd say the total he gave away was closer to half a million - by far the most given by any of these undercover bosses!

4. TiVo'Brien

TiVo'Brien Now with 2.6% Fewer Organs TCF Club

Feb 8, 2002
    Orlando,...
    Worst

wig

EVER!!!

5. ThatOne

Oct 21, 2008
    Beverly...
    Sure.. but he was a complete ****** about it. IMHO, the generosity was all about publicity and getting the word out. Problem is he is such a jerk and regardless of how much he gives away, people will still disdain him.

6. ThatOne

Oct 21, 2008
    Beverly...
    Not sure about that... David Kim gave away a Baja Fresh Franchise ($50K fee) but worth much more than $150K in the longer term

7. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Yeah, even as a trainee, if you're going to interact with the public, seems like you wouldn't allow someone to have a haircut like that.

I did think he really went off on the call center lady though.

It would kind of tick me off if someone else got a WAY bigger prize at the end than I did. I think in previous shows, they were much closer in value.

8. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I gave up on this show after the second season. Is it improved or the same? What I mean, is it was so predictable.

9. rifleman69

rifleman69 Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Oregon
    I wonder how the timeshare owners whom Diamond has screwed over feel about his giving away cash like that instead of back to them.

10. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    The show is pretty much exactly the same as it always has been. Less emotional reactions to the people he interacted with on this particular episode, but still pretty much the same.

11. DLL66

DLL66 Member

Oct 20, 2002
    TN
    Actually, I thought he was a Jack @ss. To way over the top.

12. Idearat

Idearat Active Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy
    I seemed to have missed this the first time around, just caught it last night. The guy was a tool. More than any other of the bosses he did seem like he was on the show to plug his company. While I'm sure that's the motivation for all of them, he somehow came across as very unlikeable for it.
    While he gave out more money than anyone else has, he still found a way to make that look bad, like he was throwing money at them rather than giving it to them.

For most other businesses this episode would have made me not want to give any money to the guy. but as it's a timeshare company there was pretty much no chance anyway.