Unbox Pilots - missed opportunity

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by C_A_Jones, Sep 30, 2007.

1. C_A_Jones

C_A_Jones Member

Jan 5, 2001
    Las Vegas,...

Advertisements

I've downloaded and watched a number of the pilots for the new TV shows. I wonder why none of the pilots featured a TiVo "thumbs up" prompt to record future episodes? Seems like a marketing blunder to me!

2. d_anders

d_anders Sr Legacy Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Twin Cities...
    Maybe, but the whole deal between Universal and Apple fell apart quickly and the the content went up on Amazon/Unbox pretty quickly. While it may look like it was all coordinated, I belive the folks at TiVo simply reacted quickly to market the "free" content on Unbox.

A number of the people have commented on the "thumb's up" opportunity. I think just have the sheer number of pilots available for download 1-2 weeks before airing was brilliant by the networks. I certainly went to set season passes from what I watched.

That said, TiVo needs to figure out the link between downloaded content from unbox and what's available to set season passes from broadcasted content.

3. gonzotek

gonzotek tivo_xml developer

Sep 24, 2004
    Outside...
    I've already commented in another thread on this issue, but I whole heartedly agree. TiVo has been touting their new Universal Swivel Search feature along with the other broadband/tv blurring, yet the downloaded pilot/premiere content from Unbox is treated (either by design or accident) as though it were in a walled garden.

4. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    I think it was just all that could be done in a rush. Next year, next year.

I do know that all the schedule chnages made me miss the fact that my House season premeire did not record. :( I wnet to UNBOX and the House premiere was not only there but it was free :)

5. Dmontgummy

Dmontgummy Member

Jul 31, 2002

Advertisements

Great that you found House. Anyone have any ideas where I might find Cane? It was delayed from some sports (both times that it was on this week!) and I missed it. Actually, I never tried to record it the first time...but heard that it was supposed to be good. So when I heard it was repeated last night, I set it to record. Today I went to watch it and it was the show that had been on prior. So I have looked on CBS and Unbox...but no luck. Any ideas?