Unbox downloads not found

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Beau, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Beau

Beau New Member

Jan 30, 2004

Advertisements

Last week I decided to give the Amazon Unbox feature a test drive. I purchased a rental of '12 Monkeys'. Tivo tried to download it but it's not in Now Playing. Checking the recording history I see something like:

download attempted on date at time.
    This program was not downloaded onto this DVR because it was not found.

I also tried a purchase of A Clockwork Orange. It fails with the same message.

I only have one networked TiVo and it's the one that is listed when I press 'Download' in the Amazon Media Library. The fact that I get the message on my TiVo makes me think that I do indeed have Amazon and my TiVo linked.

I have went back to Amazon and redid the download, multiple times, with the same results.

Looking at my media library, Amazon knows it's not made it to my TiVo, since I see:

Licenses in Use: 0 of 2 (PC), 0 of 2 (Portable Device)

Any thoughts on what I may be missing?

2. balt

balt New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    Austin, Tx
    I'm having the same issue. Looks like it may be a Series3 issue. I kicked off a download onto my Series 2 and my Series 3. The download to my Series 3 failed but the download to my Series 2 is treking along. What series are you getting the failure on?

3. apathasia

apathasia Member

Dec 9, 2002
    Glenview IL
    I'm having a similar problem on any/all of my Series 2 TiVos. However, I purchased a season's worth of NCIS and it only occurs on 5 specific episodes. The other episodes I can download without any trouble at all. I have even deleted and re-downloaded the successful episodes to try and prove that failure is specific to certain episodes. I tried reconfiguring my network but that didn't change anything. I also tried emailing amazon but their answer was no help.

4. [NG]Owner

[NG]Owner Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Kansas City
    Same problem with three Star Trek: Enterprise episodes. No matter what I do, or which Tivo I try to send them to, they won't show up.

[NG]Owner

5. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004

Advertisements

You should call Amazon customer support to fix the issue.

6. balt

balt New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    Austin, Tx
    Spoke too soon. My Series 2 crapped out too. It just took longer.

7. caty

caty New Member

Mar 12, 2007
    Talked to Amazon(Maurice if you are reading this thank you so much for the help!!) and what is needed is a software upgrade to 8.1a.

I spoke to TiVo. After a hour on hold I was told only way to get upgrade is to force a connection, possibly a large number of times. Check your software version found under Account & System Information> Messages and setting> system information and software version needs to be 8.1a.... If it is not you need to force a connection. This is found under Messages & Settings > Settings > Phone and Network > Connect to the TiVo Service now. When it is finished go back to Account & System Information> Messages and setting> system information. If 'Last status is 'Pending' you are in business, well almost. You then force a restart of the system. This is done by selection Messages and settings>Restart or Reset System

After all this you should be able to download to you hearts content!!

8. Beau

Beau New Member

Jan 30, 2004
    I have a Series 2. I rebooted TiVo and did the 'Download' again from the Amazon side. 12 Monkeys is downloading now. I suppose I'll know tomorrow morning if it worked or not.

At first I thought it might have something to do with dynamic dhcp routing, but a check showed that I still have TiVo assigned a fixed address.

9. [NG]Owner

[NG]Owner Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Kansas City
    I have 8.1a on both my TiVos. No dice.

[NG]Owner

10. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    But do you have the DNS setup correctly on the TiVo? Unbox requires valid DNS unlike guide updates/etc.

11. ZombiE

ZombiE TIVO Bender

Dec 16, 2005
    Fort Walton...
    Morning Rainwater,

Can you take a couple of minutes and explain the DNS thing? (What needs to be checked and were? Tivo, router etc) It might help out in resolving some issues people are having. Thanks! :D

Are you refering to setting up the DNS manually, like when you assign a static IP address to the Tivo?
    I think that is the only way to enter the DNS number if you use a static IP address?

Alex

12. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Well, DNS should be setup fine in your router assuming you can use the web from a computer in your home. The issue is if you don't use DHCP when you setup the TiVo on the network, you have have to enter a valid dns server for it to work correctly. So you should go in the TiVo network screen and verify you are using a valid dns server.

13. balt

balt New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    Austin, Tx
    Update: I ordered few more TV shows with my $15 credit. I was able to download 3 out of the 5 shows I purchased so it doesn't look like it is Tivo or setup problem but an Amazon problem with the ordered content. The same 2 shows consistatnly fail to download while the other 3 don't have a problem. I'm waiting to hear back from Amazon. The two shows were Twilight Zone episodes: "Time enough at Last" and "One for the angels" in case anyone is interested.

14. apathasia

apathasia Member

Dec 9, 2002
    Glenview IL
    I received a follow-up email from amazon requesting 1-2 business days to look into the problem. I'll post back with an update if anything comes from that.

15. bosox18

bosox18 New Member

Dec 1, 2004
    I tried to download Hollywoodland, but it didn't show up. Went into my Amazon account which said it had 67 percent downloaded? Nothing, however, seems to be happening further (and I ordered it about 20 hours ago). Tried to check my wireless connection, but Tivo gives me an error message 126. What is error 126 and how do I fix it?

16. apathasia

apathasia Member

Dec 9, 2002
    Glenview IL
    Amazon follow up email says its a TiVo problem and sent me to the TiVo Support Page. I hope someone else is having better luck.

17. BrianEWilliams

BrianEWilliams New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    I am having the same problem with the same error message, and my Unbox rental movie has not downloaded. RocketBoom also doesn't download with the same error, so I am guessing it's not a straight Unbox issue. I have a Series 2 with 8.1a. Has anyone resolved this issue yet?

EDIT:

I think the problem with downloading began when I switched routers and setup the DNS differently. Now none of the downloads work. Did I confuse the TiVo servers somehow when I did this?

I started a new thread about this here:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=344862

because this problem is not just an Unbox issue.

18. apathasia

apathasia Member

Dec 9, 2002
    Glenview IL
    Well I can download Rocketboom - but I did have to redo my Network Setup and unplug and replug the TiVo Adapter for it to work. But still no Unbox for my specific NCIS eps. I also tried a Guided Restart tonight. I still can get Rocketboom and no NCIS Unbox.

19. BrianEWilliams

BrianEWilliams New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Were you having trouble downloading RocketBoom before?

Seems odd that you can download some shows and not others. My problem seems to be a general inability to download anything.

20. apathasia

apathasia Member

Dec 9, 2002
    Glenview IL
    I'd never tried using TivoCast before this. The first time I tried, it didn't work - but unplug/replugging the Tivo Wireless Adapter did the trick. Since then I've downloaded Rocketboom and a couple of other selections just to prove I can. The specific Unbox programs remain a problem. I agree its odd but so far Amazon seems happy to blame TiVo for it.