Unbox Angst

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by raz, Jul 29, 2007.

1. raz

raz New Member

Jul 29, 2007

Advertisements

Hi:

Im very confused. I have a Series 2 Tivo with the Tivo Wireless G adapter. The network settings work, IE (Can connect to service, Tivo Desktop, etc).

However, each and every time I try to use unbox, I get failure email regarding a lack of disk space. This still happens if I permanently delete all recordings on the unit, so the error does not make sense.

In an attempt to troubleshoot, I have gone to a static IP, and a real IP address for my ISP dns, rather than the routers. Still... no workie.

One, through no effort of my own, it worked. After 24 hours of not working. Never again since.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

-peter

2. pdhenry

pdhenry Ruthless

Feb 27, 2005
    PA
    Can you download other (free) TiVoCast content?

3. HomeUser

HomeUser Active Member

Jan 12, 2003
    A2 Michigan
    Is this a stock Series 2?
    My Thoughts, JFWIW. I suspect that there may be a problem with the data structure or the disk drive and not the network.

First I have not experienced your problem so I do not really have any clue to what the problem is and may be getting you in over your head. These commands are what I would try only as a last resort. Of course I have backups of my TiVo drives and experience replacing the hard drive in the TiVo.

Kickstart commands are tools that are not supposed to be run unless instructed to by TiVo Support. Running the kickstart commands may destroy all the data on the hard drive making your TiVo un-bootable.

kickstart commands posted by Windracer hopefully they will correct any problems if any with the data base.
    57 - mfs check
    58 - perform mfs cleanup

Or a little safer and because you do not have any recordings that you want to keep.

Sign up for guru guides or KidZone force a couple of connections to the TiVo Server. Both have been reported to save your season passes and wish lists. Just in case you will want to write them down and any other settings that you want to restore.

Run Clear and Delete Everything This should re-index the recording space.

Force a connection to the TiVo server. With luck the seasons passes and wish lists will return.

4. raz

raz New Member

Jul 29, 2007
    I can download the free content, its only the Unbox feature thats nutty.

Hmm.. I think ill try a wired connection on a lark before running master file system commands as a last resort.

-p

5. raz

raz New Member

Jul 29, 2007

Advertisements

I forgot to say thanks to both of you.. so.. thanks

:)

-p