"Unauthorized Modifications Detected" on iOS9 Public Beta with app ver 3.6...

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by y2jdmbfan, Jul 17, 2015.

1. y2jdmbfan

y2jdmbfan Member

May 7, 2004

Advertisements

Guys,

What's the deal with this? I upgraded to iOS9 Public Beta on my iPad Mini and I can't watch any downloaded shows nor can I transfer or stream shows. It gives me an error about "Unauthorized Modifications Detected". This is pretty stupid, anyone know how to fix it?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  2. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Don't use the beta OS?

3. y2jdmbfan

y2jdmbfan Member

May 7, 2004
    That shouldn't be the case really, I've had no problems with any other apps.

4. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    You asked how to fix it. The response stands.

The Tivo app looks like its checking for rooted devices and has not been updated for your beta OS. I'm not surprised one bit.

5. bradleys

bradleys It'll be fine....

Oct 31, 2007

Advertisements

Not surprised at all - Other apps do not perform the same level of root verification as required of TiVo. Heck, the vast majority of apps perform no root verification at all.

6. lew

lew Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2002
    Tivoc description in the App Store is very specific. People who want to download or stream should wait to update their OS until apple releases an official version.

Beta kind of means bugs and/or not everthing will work

7. bayern_fan

bayern_fan Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Also encountered this issue, which is just another reason why I use Slingplayer instead

8. Mgalin

Mgalin Member

Jan 6, 2002
    I'm part of the IOS developer program. I don't expect Tivo to support IOS when it's in beta, but the minute it went public preview, it should get support. 90% of my apps work fine.. Streaming worked before the update.

-M

9. tgrugle

tgrugle New Member

Aug 11, 2015
    Upgrading to iOS 9 broke my TiVo app. Hopefully TiVo is feverishly working on an update since iOS 9 is only weeks away from dropping.

10. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    As many others have said, do not expect support in the beta cycle, after iOS 9 becomes RTM you'll see it be supported.

11. JosephB

JosephB Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Beta means beta, even if it's publicly available. There's a reason Apple doesn't let people on iOS 9 post reviews.

12. Millionaire2K

Millionaire2K Active Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Well I'm no longer on Beta and I still get this error. Any ideas?

13. BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Release notes on the current version recommend waiting for the iOS9 compatible version before upgrading iOS.

14. spaldingclan

spaldingclan Member

Aug 22, 2012
    the app wont work on a jailbroken iphone

15. bearcat2000

bearcat2000 Member

Aug 13, 2005
    Well the golden master of ios9 is out so there should be an update anytime. They really should of had it ready.

16. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    They probably do, but they won't release until AFTER the public version is released. I just don't understand why people don't understand this, companies do not like supporting a beta product for a good reason, unlike Angry Birds the Tivo app has to jump through some copy protection and Cable LABS approval hoops.

17. loscocina

loscocina New Member

Sep 13, 2015
    thankss for this topic

18. JosephB

JosephB Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Developers could only just now in the past couple of days submit iOS 9 compatible versions. iOS 9 is *still* a beta, it has not been publicly released as of yet. A GM seed on a beta website is not the same thing as it showing up for update on my mom's iPhone.

19. mrizzo80

mrizzo80 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    Can developers release app updates that make their apps *compatible* with a beta version in iOS? So if an app crashed on iOS 9 Beta 1 back in June, could that company figure out what was causing the crash and submit a fix (assuming their engineering team devoted resources to do so)?

I realize developers can't submit apps that utilize beta API hooks until just before general release (what JosephB commented on).

20. PaulS

PaulS Active Member

Sep 16, 2002
    Southern NH
    TiVo just pushed an update thru the iOS app store. Trying now...