Unable to View Shows from Second Tivo Unless Unit is Powered On

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by zhelder, Aug 30, 2018.

1. zhelder

zhelder New Member

Sep 14, 2003

Advertisements

Hi all. Hoping I can get a bit of help here. I have two Tivo units: a 1TB Bolt in my living room running Hydra, and a 3TB Roamio Pro running the "Classic" interface in my basement. Both are connected on the same network via Ethernet. About two months ago, the living room unit starting showing the spinning circle when trying to access My Shows on the basement unit. The reverse works perfectly... no problems seeing the living room unit shows on the basement unit. However, if the basement unit is powered on (out of standby mode), the living room unit can access the shows (after a few minutes).

Anyone have any ideas why this may be happening? I've reset the devices and network multiple times to no avail. Thanks for any tips.

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Then don't use standby or power save features.

fcfc2 likes this.
  3. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Bug in the software (I'd have to say the Bolt side in trying to wake up the remote TiVo since it works in the reverse direction and we have not had any updates in some time on the Roamio TE3 side). Disable standby/power saving as mentioned until hopefully it gets fixed.

Scott