Unable to view photos, play music

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by dowlingg, Mar 20, 2011.

1. dowlingg

dowlingg New Member

Jan 19, 2010

Advertisements

I just installed Tivo Desktop 2.8.2 on my Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit computer. When I try to view the properties of "My Music" and "My Pictures" from the Tivo Desktop app, it starts to count the number of files/folders... and it then zeroes out.

I also checked both of my Tivo's (Series 2 - software version 9.3.2b-01-2-649, Series3 - software version 11.0k-01-2-652) to see if I can view my photos and listen to my music. I can get as far as seeing the "My Music" and "My Pictures" folder; then I get the message "An error occurred on the server. Please check the Tivo Server application on your computer."

I cleared the recently-created cache and stopped/restarted the Tivo Server application to no avail. Any ideas?

2. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    Try pyTivo? Last time I tried TD, it seemed to have trouble with large collections. pyTivo, less so.

3. dowlingg

dowlingg New Member

Jan 19, 2010
    I ended up uninstalling TD 2.8.2, ran the Desktop Cleaner utility, and then re-installed 2.8 (which I still had the setup executable from my old PC). I am now able to view my photos, listen to my music, and view the properties of said folders from the TD application without any further problems.

I do not know if I installed 2.8.2 "incorrectly" (since I do not recall whether I installed with the administrator option or not), but I hesitate to try 2.8.2 again anytime soon.