Unable to transfer shows between two DVRs

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by gkarnik, Jan 13, 2012.

1. gkarnik

gkarnik New Member

Dec 6, 2011
    I have a TivoHD and a Premiere. Both are working fine individually and are
    connected to my network via the TiVo Wireless N Adapter.

I have not been able to transfer shows from one DVR to the other. The other DVR
    appears in Now Playing, but when I click on the DVR I get a message saying
    "there are no shows recorded on this DVR", when there are actually several. This
    is true for both DVRs. I can transfer shows from both using TiVo Desktop to my PC.

* I have re-done the guided setup, forced connect to TIVO, and rebooted both DVRs.
    * I have transfers enabled (Multi-room viewing) for both DVRs on my account.
    * Router has no firewall active (it's Netgear WNDR3700). I gave the DVRs fixed IPs.
    * Both DVRs have TiVoToGo status "a,a,a" and the same MAK in System Information.
    * From my PC, I am able to log into both DVRs and see a show listing using:
    https://tivo:{mak}@192.168.0.10/
    https://tivo:{mak}@192.168.0.11/

Anyone have an idea of how to fix this? I'm at a loss. The transfer *used to*
    work when I had one DVR hard-wired with the other on wifi, but now with both
    wifi, it's a no go for some reason.

TIA, Gary

2. vectorcatch

vectorcatch New Member

Nov 20, 2008
    First, were these the 2 that were hardwired or is one of them new?

Second, what rev is the wndr3700 and what firmware is it running? I have the wndr3700v1 and when I install any firmware above 1.0.7.xx it almost completely breaks MRV and the iPad app. The firmware does not properly route the bonjour multicast packets (netgear does not seem to care). Downgrading my router to 1.0.7.xx fixes the problem for me. This caused me a headache for a week or so before I realized it was the router.

3. robomeister

robomeister DVD TiVo Expert

Feb 4, 2005
    Beltsville, MD
    Looks like you've done all the normal troubleshooting. One thing I've noticed is when you change the transfer status on the TiVo website, it takes a couple of forced connections to the mother ship to get the Tivo to remember it's new status. I actually had to wait a day for the TiVo to notice its transfer status had changed. Unfortunately, when you changed the status on the website, you have to wait for that change to take effect on the servers, then the servers migrate the status to the TiVo units. Seems a little silly, but that's the way it seems to work.

Restarting just one of the TiVos sometimes works, too. But when you restart the Tivo and force a connection, the TiVo spends all its time processing the guide information and then updates the transfer status.

Unfortunately, you'll have to be patient. It will probably just start working on its own.

Good luck,
    robomeister

4. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    Try rebooting both DVR's at the same time. Unplug both, then plug them both in again. It may take a little while but this worked for me a while back when I had the same problem.

5. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    I agree with vectorcatch ... it's probably your router not handing multicast packets correctly.

6. gkarnik

gkarnik New Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Thank you everyone for all the suggestions!

I will try to see if updating the router firmware is possible first, then if that fails, a synchronized reboot of both DVRs.