Unable to transfer recordings from Tivo Roamio plus to Tivo Edge

Discussion in 'TiVo Edge' started by John Fuerst, Dec 30, 2019.

Tags:
  1. John Fuerst

John Fuerst New Member

Dec 30, 2019

Advertisements

I've tried setting up transfers several times on Tivo.com. It looks like everything should work with the transfer but nothing shows up on the to do list and nothing transfers....

2. bruce316

bruce316 New Member

Nov 1, 2003
    I transfer recordings from my Roamio to the Edge quite a bit. Almost always I have to restart both units, the Edge and Roamio, before starting the transfers or it doesn't work. Once I restart both units, and give them a couple minutes to finish starting up, then the transfer recordings at Tivo online works fine.

kpeters59 likes this.
  3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Since all TiVo boxes make a service connection within 30 minutes of a restart, it might be safe to wait that 30 minutes before starting the transfers.

4. k9allstars

k9allstars New Member

Nov 15, 2014
    As far as I can tell, TiVo Edge has zero streaming capability. My Minis can’t connect to it, and my Roamio says it is not able to transfer content to it. Since I bought it I’ve spent many hours on the phone with their support team, trying to work out one problem after another. After 10 years as a loyal TiVo customer, I’m now of the opinion that they have destroyed their product line and am seriously looking at alternatives.

KENL likes this.
  5. Fugacity

Fugacity Member

Oct 1, 2004

Advertisements

I had some initial problems with one of my mini's and I don't have another Tivo, but I can stream to my phone while outside of my house from my Edge and all my minis work, Ethernet, wireless, or MoCA. So I can attest that the Edge does stream. There is one other person on this forum that couldn't get new minis to work at all.

I believe you have to initiate transfers from online.tivo.com only, but I believe this is a function of TE4. Also Edge is TE4 only so I'm not sure anything works with it properly that is at TE3.

6. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Sounds more like an account issue with the Edge.

Scott

7. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Perhaps another TTG set to a,i,a,i?

8. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    See:
    Also see: EDGE - Issues we're tracking and TiVo Alternatives?