Unable to transfer from tivo to tivo

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by sunqwn, Oct 11, 2007.

1. sunqwn

sunqwn New Member

Feb 15, 2007

Advertisements

Hoping someone can help me. We recently replaced one of our stand alone series 2 tivos with a Toshiba SD-H400. Before I transferred the service to the Toshiba we had both tivos on our wireless network and everything was running smoothly. We could transfer between tivos and we could see both tivos on our tivo desktop. Since we transferred to the Toshiba, the Toshiba cannot see our other tivo at all and our series 2 sees the Toshiba, but when I select it in the now playing screen it says there are no recordings to transfer (there are actually 8 or 9 shows on this tivo now.)

I have called tivo support and the person I spoke with was stumped. She had me open a port on our Netgear router, but that didn't help at all. Now this all happened within a day or two of us getting the latest update which I've seen has a few bugs in it. Could this be related to that?

We have rebooted our network and both tivos several times. I have made sure transferring is enabled on both tivos, I have gone through the guided set up a couple of times. We are running out of options. Any ideas??

2. pdhenry

pdhenry Ruthless

Feb 27, 2005
    PA
    Does one of the TiVos have firmware version 9.1? If one TiVo has 9.1 the other has to have 9.1 also for MRV to work between the two.

3. sunqwn

sunqwn New Member

Feb 15, 2007
    I just checked and the Toshiba still is running 8.3 so hopefully that is the problem. I will wait for the update and see if that helps.

Thanks!