Unable to set a OnePass recording/s. Help please.

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by gofasterrrr, Jan 7, 2016.

1. gofasterrrr

gofasterrrr New Member

Jul 10, 2015

Advertisements

I have an account with Suddenlink and no matter what settings I select and I have tried them all, It will not record certain shows.Such as Sportsman Channel, I try to record Guns&Ammo TV or GunTalk TV I can change the OnePass recording options and it will not record the shows. I set it to all new and repeats and get nothing, New only nothing. Year One nothing. All shows nothing.
    What Am I doing wrong? Recordings only, recording and streaming, nothing.
    I have other OnePass recordings like Blindspot, Legends and Dark Matter and they all record. The Blaze Networks The Dana Show records with OnePass but on the same channel Three Gun Nation will not record using OnePass.
    I've reset and reconnected to Tivo Services. Nothing.
    IDK

2. snerd

snerd Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2008
    OnePass is quite flaky. Instead of changing the setting, try deleting the OnePass and creating a new one.

3. gofasterrrr

gofasterrrr New Member

Jul 10, 2015
    I have several times. Deleting and making a new one does nothing. I don't think there was anything wrong with Season pass but thats just me and it worked great.

4. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    I presume you can watch these channels live? When you set the one pass, have you checked the todo list and see if any are scheduled? Have you checked the upcoming episodes and seen if any have been checked as scheduled? Will one of the programs record if you go to the guide and select record?

Judging from the channels you can't get to record, it could be that your cable company is run by anti-gun folks who don't want you to see this content. :D

5. gofasterrrr

gofasterrrr New Member

Jul 10, 2015

Advertisements

Yes, Watching live is no issue. There's not one setting i have not tried and now I have a recorded show in MY SHOWS and no matter what button I push on the remote it will not let me access that recording. So, I can't even delete it even after resetting the TiVo service twice.
    To Do list shows the shows scheduled but they never record.
    Yes, I can manually record but that won't do much good when I'm gone for days at a time.
    They're not anti-gun because if that was true why would they offer so many channels with more violent content? They don't block my internet from anything gun related?

6. tatergator1

tatergator1 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    This is likely due to an issue with the guide information. The OnePass system works based on the SeriesID, a value assigned to television programs by Tribune Media Services. It's likely that this info is missing or inconsistent, so when the OnePass is established, the SeriesID it's looking for to find recordings is wrong or missing as well, leading to the Tivo to not record these programs.

I took a quick look at a few of those programs via zap2it.com (uses the same Tribune Database), and the 3 Gun nation program likely has issues because it may be treated more like a sporting event than a recurring series. The other shows are likely problematic for the same reason.

An auto-recording Wishlist is probably your best solution. This way you can make the show titles a Keyword for the wishlist search and not have to worry about varying air dates/times, etc.

7. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Can you record one manually? What does the history say after a recording is missed?