Unable to play new recordings on Lifetime Premiere

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by das335, Dec 26, 2019.

1. das335

das335 Member

Feb 8, 2006
    I noticed tonight that I can not play any of the recent recordings on my oldest Premiere unit. I found recordings from Nov 2019 that still playback but recent Dec 2019 recordings will not play at all. When you select a show that select play, you see the screen blink and you are back on the same screen.

I have restarted the unit, verified that it still shows Lifetime on the unit and on my Tivo.com account.

I can record shows and they show up in My Shows with a storage amount under the info tab.

Any suggestions other than going thru the "exciting" Tivo support path ?

2. das335

das335 Member

Feb 8, 2006
    Just a short followup. I tried a Clear of the Program and ToDo list without any improvement. A full Clear & Delete worked and I am able to view recordings again. I'm guessing their was some data corruption that impacted the location data for stored recordings.

3. shwru980r

shwru980r Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2008
    If you're still using the original drive in the Premiere, it could be going bad since it's at least 7 years old. You might want to hook the drive up to a PC and download the free crystal disk info software to check the health.

4. bobfrank

bobfrank Active Member

Mar 17, 2005
    Have you been using pyTivo to create user defined folders? A few of us have discovered that this can create the problem you're having. If this is the problem you will eventually lose the ability to play older recorded shows.

The only cure is to clear and delete everything. Then don't create folders any more. You can transfer all your shows to your PC or another Tivo, including the ones that do not play prior to doing the clear and delete everything. Afterward you can transfer all the shows back and they should all play.

If you haven't ever created your own folders then you've got some other problem.

kpeters59 likes this.