Ultra thin plasma wiring question

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by johnchart, Jan 16, 2006.

1. johnchart

johnchart New Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Getting ready to purchase plasma screen hdtv and mount it to the wall. Newbie question: Do you attach the cables to the plasma tv & then mount it? Not much room behind them after they are mounted.

Help appreciated.

John

2. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    If that's where the cables attach, then, yes.

3. EvilBoB

EvilBoB New Member

Nov 6, 2002
    St Albans
    You may need to hunt around for a bracket that is not flush with the wall if thats the case. I have seen plasmas that have cables plug direct into the back of plasmas - stupid design I know but some are unbelievable not meant to be wall mounted. My Panasonic series 6 cables plug into the bottom of the screen that is inset a little way but all are slightly different.

4. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    If they have such thing, a tilt down bracket. It hinges at the bottom, allowing you to tilt out the display enough to make connections.

5. EvilBoB

EvilBoB New Member

Nov 6, 2002
    St Albans
    I know for the Panasonics you can get one of these - I nearly bought one so I could mount mine above the fireplace but decided not to in the end as it stuck out a few inches so this might be an ideal solution. Even when the display was flat there was a few inches behind it