Ultimate Tag

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by mattack, May 28, 2020.

1. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Pretty dumb show (but definitely better than "Game On!", which I watched tonight), but still halfway watching in quick mode.. (1.5x I think)

It VAGUELY reminds me of that CBS show from last year where they had their guys chasing the contestants on vaguely American Ninja Warrior kind of contraptions.. But that wasn't great because (spoiler alert), basically all of the contestants were terrible.

But on Ultimate Tag, the "summit" of the last event for each group reminds me of some other game show. I don't THINK it was American Gladiator.. Wasn't there some other game show where the last challenge was basically climbing up a 'pyramid' (basically a bunch of really tall 'steps' to get to the top), trying to get past the bad guys to get to the top?

LlamaLarry likes this.
  2. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    GUTS on Nickelodeon had the "Aggro Craig" where the kids has to work their way up the mountain.

3. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    I watched E1 and thought it was decent. I've got E2 recorded but haven't felt compelled to watch yet. Maybe this weekend. I got a 1P because of the Watt brothers hosting. In the whole physical competition genre currently airing, I prefer Titan Games. Game On! isn't bad, with new celebrity guests every week, but sort of dumb challenges.

4. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    I couldn't make it through E1. I think Game On! on CBS is more entertaining, for one thing because it doesn't take itself as seriously as Ultimate Tag. The ratings for last night were good news for CBS. I don't like Gronkowski but as long as they keep the focus off him and on his team members it's OK. Game On! looks like a solid summer show and for entertainment value is most comparable to Hollywood Game Night but not as good.

5. mattack

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Whatever I'm thinking was _almost_ certainly a network show.

6. lambertman

lambertman Incrediburgible

Dec 20, 2002
    Indianapolis...
    "TKO: Total Knock Out" with Kevin Hart, or "Million Dollar Mile" with Tim Tebow? [Both of which I forgot existed before researching in an attempt to answer your question.]

On-topic: I enjoy Ultimate Tag, mainly because I find most of the female taggers... appealing. :D The first round is horribly broken, though: the taggers decide who wins and loses just based on who they decide to target.

7. TriBruin

TriBruin Well-Known Member TCF Club

Dec 10, 2003
    Bartlett, IL
    I watched the first episode, very likely the worst show I have ever watched. I will not be watching anything. The "professional" taggers were terrible with terrible nicknames. The show made very little sense. I would say SP cancelled, but I never setup an SP.

8. mattack

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Wow, you must not have watched a lot of shows. Like I said, I thought Game On was way worse.. and I am half watching in quick play mode.. some thing that's an insult, but e.g. I listen to all podcasts at 2x (unless it has accents or something, and I go down to 1.5x), and I love podcasts. So just doing it faster than normal isn't a negative in my mind.