Ugly Betty 9/27/2007 (S02E01) "How Betty Got Her Grieve Back"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by dswallow, Sep 27, 2007.

1. dswallow

dswallow Save the Moderatоr TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    It's gonna be fun watching Alex deal with waking up as Alexis.

They really had me going with Santos... not till the very end did I realize he didn't survive -- even after expecting him to have died at the end of last season. I think it was because Justin reallyh didn't seem to be grieving, and I'd have expected that.

I'm glad Henry came back so soon -- now if only he & Betty can get in sync for once.

2. YCantAngieRead

YCantAngieRead Not Entirely Current

Nov 5, 2003
    Is Ugly Betty still free on abc.com like last year?

3. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Eric Mabius sure has some ugly feet!!! ;)

4. splendid

splendid All day everyday :)

Sep 1, 2005
    Wantage...
    I was shocked at the ending. I thought Santos survived.

5. Family

Family Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Absolutely fantastic episode. Was thinking that no new show this year so far has come close to what Ugly Betty was out of the box last season.

6. angbear1985

angbear1985 Τι ποτέ !

Aug 25, 2006
    Ohio
    I know ... when I saw him at the beginning I screamed - HE'S ALIVE !! Yeah !!! Was so excited....

wow - what a powerful ending ... when you realized he wasn't. Hubby said he figured it out - since she wouldn't let him leave the room. He kept asking me over and over - why.

7. jtlytle

jtlytle Un-Registered User

May 17, 2005
    Sacramento,...
    Damn.. I forgot to tivo it! I missed it. :(

8. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    I was really sad when we discovered that Santos had died. I began to like his character more and more as he grew as a person, even to the point where he was defending Justin.

The telenovela scene was so funny! And so was fat Amanda :)

9. murgatroyd

murgatroyd Don't stop believin'

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    I screwed up and my TiVo deleted it to make room for Grey's Anatomy. :(

Jan

10. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    Last season, the episodes were on ABC.com but not for several days. So keep checking maybe.

11. megory

megory Advanced TiVoOligan

Jan 22, 2003
    Spectrum,...
    I never expected to like this last year -- and it grew on me qlb. I agree--this is the best show this season!

12. PJO1966

PJO1966 Hi. What is this?

Mar 5, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    That was my reaction exactly. I actually cheered out loud when they showed him coming out of the bathroom, and I gasped when they cut to her alone in the dark room. They really got me.

I loved fat Amanda and Mark dressed as Willy. Actually there were so many great moments, starting with Betty's dream in the beginning.

13. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I made the mistake of glancing at this thread before I watched the episode. Certainly my mistake, but I saw dswallow state "They really had me going with Santos..." and I immediately closed the browser window. Once I saw them in the room together, I knew exactly what he meant and what was going to be the end result.

I also knew the Crying Game, Sixth Sense, and The Others' twists before seeing them, so it's nothing new to me. Of course, "Fight Club" was left intact and I was surprised by it! ;)

14. nedthelab

nedthelab New Member

Oct 4, 2002
    SF
    Very good ep - Amada seeing her swinging parents - very funny

Filled with some pathos to keep some of the dramedy in, I had a feeling they might do a Santos switch at the end but I fell into the trap that she was just afraid to let him out of the room - bad break for the actor to be nixed on the premiere of the season on a hit show.